71 conv 302 2V unknown small plastics part

1971V8

Hi,

as my 71 conv was totally disassembled when purchsaing I have some unknown parts

be so kind and let me know whoever knows this (it also may be mixed up with 66 Mustang parts)

thank you in advance 

Wolfgang

unknown.jpg

Hi,

That is the front window anti rattle guide insert. You need 4 they go around the round window guide in the front window. It keeps the window from rattling when you shut the door. They just started to reproduce them and the plastic guides last year.

I will take it if you do not want it, lol.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Hi,

That is the front window anti rattle guide insert. You need 4 they go around the round window guide in the front window. It keeps the window from rattling when you shut the door. They just started to reproduce them and the plastic guides last year.

I will take it if you do not want it, lol.

David

Hi David, thank you very much. I never would have found it.

It is 223A58 and I will add them to my front windows. in US it seems quite expensive- you can get it in Europe for 1 USD/Pc

http://zollschrauben.indupla.de/main_bigware_34.php?pName=fensterf%FChrung-2&cName=t%FCrmechanik-fensterlauf

72-3768

Wolfgang

Bildschirmfoto_2018_02_06_um_21_24_30.jpg

78240126.jpg

Yes I agree the price for the repo parts is crazy high. I built tooling and parts for automotive for many years. I would have thought that $8.00 for a set of the guides and anti rattle clips was great. Ford probably paid like $.50 for them all back in the day.

I have found that the Lucas Red and Tacky #2 grease works much better than the old white grease used in the past for the window regulators and guides for a lube. I use on any of the door latches and window guides and anything needing a lube. You can roll the windows down with one finger and no hang ups with it.

Also use in wiper motor and drive along with power windows.

David

grease.jpg

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David