• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling 1972 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajtraylor

Reaction score
My Car
72' Mustang Conv. 302
Selling my 1972 Convertible...no rust, it was all cut out and new metal welded in or panals replaced...no body filler. new carpet, vinyl on seats.

mustangfrontds.jpg
nels replaced. No body filler. Orig 302 and trans. 

upload the pictures

I would appreciate any feed back on what sort of price I should list for. Thanks

mustangengine.jpg

Looks like a nice car.  It is really impossible to give a value on any car without actually seeing it in person but I will just say start out high on the price and work down if you need to. List it at 25K and see if you get any interest in it at the price, it never hurts to ask. The 302 is a great engine, it might hold you back a little bit on bringing in real good money when sale time comes though, as a lot of folks like 351C power in these beasts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a nice car.  It is really impossible to give a value on any car without actually seeing it in person but I will just say start out high on the price and work down if you need to. List it at 25K and see if you get any interest in it at the price, it never hurts to ask. The 302 is a great engine, it might hold you back a little bit on bringing in real good money when sale time comes though, as a lot of folks like 351C power in these beasts.
R U nuts rofl . list it at $25,000?? :whistling:

Use the online guides. NADA Kelly Blue Book, etc.

Watch ebay for completed auctions. Look for similar cars as yours.

These can give you good idea where to start.

Good luck!

Ray

I'm currently in the process of (hopefully) selling my 73 vert so maybe some current observations can help.   https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/mustang/2065366.html

I'm now into the 3rd week of the ad being listed in Hemmings'.  I gave a lot of thought of what to ask for the car based on two main issues: 1) what $ amount can I be satisfied with in the end 2) what is a fair value balanced by from what I know about the car and where the market seems to be for cars like mine.   I believe someone is going to end up with being pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of the car for the $$ when the deal is completed.  I've tried to be honest on the description and have recommended that a personal inspection or use of a qualified inspection service be done with the few folks I've talked to.  

I'm holding off listing on Ebay and other sites until the Hemmings' print ad appears (sometime in late March or April) since those auction style ads are only a few weeks at a time and then you have to re-list if not sold and you wish to continue.  

I've had approx 25+ inquiries to date, of which three seem to be genuinely interested and think the asking price is in the ballpark and the rest pretty much seem to be tire kickers / low ball offers not even close to being considered.  So far it's been as I pretty much expected.

I just bought my 1972 survivor convertible with 65,000 miles in October.  It has had no restoration work done to it.  It has a few non-original features - wheels, side mirrors and radio/speaker/antenna, but is otherwise fairly original.  It has the base 250 6 cylinder.  Not a directly comparable car to yours, but it would provide another piece of pricing information for you.  Message me for information.

Back