High new 73 owner from Ill.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fever 73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Red/Black Mach1 Q-code
Came across this site while tring to find some answers on my Mach 1 and looks to be a very good site with very knowlegable people.I have a 1973 Mach 1 Q-code Red black stripes 351 cj .I have had it about 1yr 9mo. and have been working on it since I got it home.I have replaced all four aprons under hood , rad. support floor pans(full length both sides) ,both rear quarters , outter wheel houseings ,trunk pan , rear tail panal .I have it painted and starting to put it back together . When I was installing the heater/air cond. box ,by the drawing I have , the blower heater combo shows three studs going thru the firewall I only have two one on the blower one on the heater/air box.I am missing something on the right side of the heater/air box by the grommet that holds the insulation .This has been driving me crazy for about three days totaly lost can not figure out what goes in that hole.Any Ideas!

Welcome ! Can you post a picture? You may be missing a bracket that is mounted on the side of the box.Seems like I remember one there.I will have to go look at mine to make sure>

1973_Ford-10.JPG

Hello Fever!! nice to have you here!!...

Don´t worry about the situation you feel you´re in.. we all been there at some point and i´m 200% sure, there are gonna be a lot of ideas to help you in this matter as in every other one you face in the process...

However, i recomend you to open a new thread with your specific problem so everybody can see it quickly and then, be able to help you faster.

WE ARE ALL PICTURE LOVERS! :p so if you have some pics of your car and the process, don´t hesitate in post them too... Besides, when you are facing a problem like the one you describe in here, having a couple of pictures that shows your specific doubt help us to help you too...

Anyway... welcome from Uruguay!!! Enjoy our site and we all hope to read your participation in every thread you feel like ok??

Thnks!

Have quite a few pics. thru out the project just have to figure out how to get them on here , don't mess with the camara much have to get son to help.I did not see any holes in the box that would acept abracket or a spot where one had been removed.

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Sorry, I can't help with your heater issue, but someone here should be able to help. You may want to post another thread under Maintenance and Repair asking the question in the title as everyone may not read the introduction threads. Good luck!

Welcome aboard were in Iliinois are you I have a a/c box I can take a pic at work tomorow if it helps I'm pretty sure there are two mounts on the main box and one one the blower box

DSCN0759.JPGDSCN0760.JPGDSCN0761.JPGnot sure if this will help i dont have one of it together right now I could have one tomorow

stangit72 my ac/heaterbox on my 72 looks exactley like yours, i just put all new seals on it and refurbshed it with a new heater and a/c evaporator or what ever its called. forgot to take pics or id post them but looks just like it and id reccomend using a big washer and locking nuts, my origional ones were that rubber molded washer/nut, replace it, i think cj or ohio mustang has the gasket kit for the box i got mine form cougarpartscatalog.com

but ur not missing anything to my knoledge thers only 2 bolt studs that go through the fire wall

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back