Detailing guide

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
Has anyone used this detailing guide? http://www.cobranda.com/191219mudegu.html  It is by K. A. Helm circa 1995.

Thanks, Chuck

Chuck - here are some endorsements. I guess you have to trust them and take a chance that they are right.

They might have liked it for earlier years but not 71-3???

https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=24066.0

If ya get one please give us your opinion for our cars. THX

Ray

I don't really know what is correct or incorrect in this manual. I am going with what I like on my car, especially under the hood, so this manual is useless to me. But for the purists this might be a good guide to have!

Thanks for the link Ray. I think I'll pass based on what I read. Chuck

I'm glad you decided that.  'endorsements" was not the best word for my reply.  I should have said opinions...

Has any asked Mr. peagle if he knows of any good new concourse 71-3 sources?

Ray

Join MCA. Your membership fee gets you access to their judging guides, which is as complete and up to date as you will find. The guides get updated whenever documentable exceptions are found. Part of the guides list acceptable finishes for a pretty large number of parts.

There are always exceptions. Lots of stuff happened on the line as cars were built. My 6 cylinder '71 convertible is a case in point. On the passenger side, there is a welded brace that was installed for higher displacement engines that was apparently cut off the car. The driver's side didn't have the brace welded on at all. So, either the car started out as a CJ and somebody changed the build order or somebody on the passenger side mixed up an order. My doors are also different. One side has a radius on the lower corner, the other side has a much crisper corner. Both doors are original to the car. Nothing you would notice unless you had the doors off side by side.

Back