Open Track Day Charlotte Motor Speedway April 13, 2018

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Guys and gals,

Here is a chance to see what your Mustang will do and have some fun. The MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum, is having an open track day in Charlotte April 13, 2018, yes Friday 13th. They will run the 2.25 mile road course / oval. I have driven the NASCAR driving school cars on this track and went over 170 it was a blast. The pics are when I went to the driving school. I was on track over 45 min. the video card ran out in the camera recording. I did not break a sweat it was like being at home, lol.

You are limited to your speed by experience and equipment.

Any convertible without roll cage limited to the D Beginner class at 80 mph. If you have some driving school and track time in coupe or fastback 100 mph. If lots of experience and equipment there 135 mph for A or Advanced. See all info on the site.

There are 8 turns in the road coarse so you can probably eat up a set of tires in the 120 min. of track time each class will receive.

Cost is $250 per car per person one passenger allowed in D class only. Additional $100 if you want to rent garage space. You have to have Snell approved helmet and they do safety checks on cars also.

The grand opening for the museum was due then but delays have pushed that back but will have other things going on.

That is cheaper than a speeding ticket for sure, lol.

So if anyone wants to meet up I would at least like to go watch and if I get the 73 running right might do the track time but 80 is pretty slow but the road coarse part would be fun. I have a set of 16" SVO wheels with good Hancock tires I just bought I could put on the vert, lol.

Let me know if you want to meet. I will be there for sure.

Here is link to the site for all forms and info. https://www.mustangownersmuseum.com/open-track-event.html#id=104&wid=201&cid=1250

My spring flowers are coming up not far away I guess.

David

upload images

david I'll probably come up and meet you, I highly doubt even is shes done I would put mine out on any track, too much break in left but I'll probably come by and grab a dog and a beer with you.

david I'll probably come up and meet you, I highly doubt even is shes done I would put mine out on any track, too much break in left but I'll probably come by and grab a dog and a beer with you.
I know what you mean on the break in or shake down. Engine needs no break in other than cam and rings. Everything else should be good to go. My son works at BMW and when they crank engine first time on test rolls it goes to 152 mph. Engines are broke in before the go into the cars.

When we built race engines there was no special break in other than cam and rings then wide open.

My brake booster went out and have a PS leak so have to rebuild the pump. Will just have to see how it goes. Will be there to at least watch.

I did try to put the SVO wheels and tires on and rear fits but fronts do no clear the disc brakes which surprised me. SVO has 4 wheel disc brakes off big Lincoln would have thought bigger than 73. Also the offset on the wheels makes the track more narrow which if probably not as good. So I have a shiny set of SVO wheels and Hancock directional tires for the 85 SVO if it ever gets worked on.

David

full resto, from a rotisserie with everything off, not just the engine that needs some time for settling in :) who knows whats gonna rattle loose lol.

full resto, from a rotisserie with everything off, not just the engine that needs some time for settling in :) who knows whats gonna rattle loose lol.
Hey that is not much confidence, lol. I did a 1969 Ford van in the 70's. Took to bare body no drive no suspension and rebuilt everything. Put windshield in drove to Ford dealership had front end aligned and took off cross the U.S. drove over 6,000 miles and only issue was a voltage regulator and had a spare. You have to trust yourself. Going into the 3rd. turn at 120 might seem a little scary but not, lol.

David

Back