What should a 429 PI engine sell for with HD cast iron tailshaft C-6

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I am not a BB guy and have no idea what these bring. I have done some searching but have not found any for sale at this time. What should I get for a Standard Bore 429 PI a 1972 I believe. It will require a bore and complete rebuild. It is taken apart and will run the block through the molasses to get all the crud out of the water jacket and surface rust. Crank has been in garage stored on end with grease on it.

I have the entire engine and also have a Forged Steel crank out of a HD 429 from a heavy Ford truck.

I have no idea what to ask for this engine. Has the factory headers also.

The C-6 has the cast iron tail shaft.

WHAT SHOULD I ASK FOR THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION????

David

David, Contact Scott from this website. http://reincarnation-automotive.com He will be able to give you a good number. Chuck

Good PI cores can go anywhere from $400-$800.

The short block is worth less.

The forged steel truck crank is kind of an oddity and is a case where rare (relatively) doesn't equal valuable. They are not interchangeable with the standard passenger car stuff without extensive machining.

It's worthless. Let me know when I can come by and take it off your hands.

I am not a BB guy and have no idea what these bring. I have done some searching but have not found any for sale at this time. What should I get for a Standard Bore 429 PI a 1972 I believe. It will require a bore and complete rebuild. It is taken apart and will run the block through the molasses to get all the crud out of the water jacket and surface rust. Crank has been in garage stored on end with grease on it.

I have the entire engine and also have a Forged Steel crank out of a HD 429 from a heavy Ford truck.

David
Would you sell the trans separately?  Do you know if it is from a car or truck as they are different.  I am looking for one with a cast iron tailshaft, but it needs to be from a Mustang and not a Torino or Truck.

David
Would you sell the trans separately?  Do you know if it is from a car or truck as they are different.  I am looking for one with a cast iron tailshaft, but it needs to be from a Mustang and not a Torino or Truck.

It was taken out of a North Carolina Highway Patrol car I think in 1972 so an LTD I guess back then.

I would sell separate not something the anyone would want for numbers matching.

David

Back