71 Heaven - Mustang Monthly article

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Found this article posted on Mustang Monthly's website today. I beleive this is the location Chuck was attempting to organize a visit for. Well, it appears Mustang Monthly had the opportunity and will have a story on it in the future.

'71 Heaven

Posted Yesterday 07:54 AM by dfarr

Filed under: Ford news, 1971 - 1973 Mustangs

During the recent Mid-America Ford & Team Shelby Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma, we had the chance to visit Kirt Fryer and his impressive collection of '71 Mustangs.

While most Mustang collectors concentrate on earlier Mustangs, Fryer has a thing for '71s, saying that the larger Mustangs were popular while he was in high school.

His collection, housed in a large building in Tulsa, includes several Boss 351s, a number of 429 CJ Mach 1s, an SCJ SportsRoof, and a 429 CJ coupe. His blue Mach 1 has been documented as the last big-block Mustang ever built.

Watch for more on Fryer's '71 Mustangs in future issues of Mustang Monthly

URL for article:

http://blogs.mustangmonthly.com/6733850/ford-news/71-heaven/index.html

Found this article posted on Mustang Monthly's website today. I beleive this is the location Chuck was attempting to organize a visit for. Well, it appears Mustang Monthly had the opportunity and will have a story on it in the future.

'71 Heaven

During the recent Mid-America Ford & Team Shelby Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma, we had the chance to visit Kirt Fryer and his impressive collection of '71 Mustangs.

While most Mustang collectors concentrate on earlier Mustangs, Fryer has a thing for '71s, saying that the larger Mustangs were popular while he was in high school.

His collection, housed in a large building in Tulsa, includes several Boss 351s, a number of 429 CJ Mach 1s, an SCJ SportsRoof, and a 429 CJ coupe. His blue Mach 1 has been documented as the last big-block Mustang ever built.

URL for article:

That is the guy. A real peach of a person (tongue buried deeply in my cheek).

Chuck

HEYYYYY, he is selling the red boss with the cobra emblem on ebay!

Wow...this photo is awesome!

kirt-fryer-71-collection.jpg

'71 Heaven

URL for article:

I was looking at very old threads and came across this concerning the LAST 429 car built. Apparently it belongs to this Mustang collector (Kirt Fryer) in Oklahoma and is documented.

After a little more digging he not only has the last 429 car...he has the first one as well. Both are documented and both are the same color. Check this out:

Interestingly, Kirt's collection includes the first and last 429 Mustangs. As confirmed by the Marti Reports, Kirt's Bright Blue Metallic SCJ Mach 1 was the first Mustang produced with the 429 big-block. Ironically, the last 429 Mustang is also the same color. It also holds the distinction of being the last big-block Mustang ever produced by Ford. Kirt plans to restore his last big-block Mustang within the next couple of years.

Read more: http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/mump-1111-1971-scj-sports-roof-built-to-race/#ixzz3Jr4SQuvC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joel,

If I were you I would try to get some info on this guy's supposed "last 429 Mustang" ever built. It says it is documented, but other than just relying on the fact that no one has discovered a later-assembled one, how would anyone know?

You may have the last one! And if so...it may be worth a small fortune.

Hey Joel,

If I were you I would try to get some info on this guy's supposed "last 429 Mustang" ever built. It says it is documented, but other than just relying on the fact that no one has discovered a later-assembled one, how would anyone know?

Yep,

It is sure worth looking into. Just knowing those exact build dates would be great information for all of us with 429 cars. Gives us an idea where our cars stand in the line throughout the model year.

Perhaps some of our members in Oklahoma could help with this. Anyone know Mr. Fryer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joel,

Yep,

It is sure worth looking into. Just knowing those exact build dates would be great information for all of us with 429 cars. Gives us an idea where our cars stand in the line throughout the model year.

Perhaps some of our members in Oklahoma could help with this. Anyone know Mr. Fryer?
sounds like Chuck may have had some dealing with him.

Apparently he can be a little obstinate at times. I have visited with others that know or have had dealings with him and that is the story I get. He is in the Oil and Gas business. Some real characters...

It seems he had a change of heart with Mustang Monthly or maybe just grew up a little... :)

Sadly, some people that become successful forget where they came from. That is my opinion.

I'll read the article (for free). I'll stop there.

:)

Ray

Apparently he can be a little obstinate at times. I have visited with others that know or have had dealings with him and that is the story I get. He is in the Oil and Gas business. Some real characters...

It seems he had a change of heart with Mustang Monthly or maybe just grew up a little... :)

Sadly, some people that become successful forget where they came from. That is my opinion.

I'll read the article (for free). I'll stop there.

:)

Ray
Ray,

It is sad that some people change with their success. He is obviously a big fan of the 71 Mustang. I get just as much enjoyment showing and talking to others about these cars as I do in owning it. Can't imagine just having the car for my enjoyment alone.

I just don't understand how someone could have this much love for the cars but not want to share that with others. Only Mr. Fryer could answer this question. Perhaps he has or will soften up one day.

Unfortunately I believe a previous owner of my car has this attitude. I believe he was a wealthy collector who had my car restored and then later had to sell off his collection of cars. I can't seem to get him to talk to me no matter how I have tried to reach him. I will keep trying gently in the future!

Back