clearance under the hood

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libram

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
Anyone know how much clearance there is to play with from the top of a factory air cleaner to the hood? 351C 2v 1972 NACA hood, no ram air.

I've got the original intake and carb, I measured the rise to the top of the carb as 6 9/16 inches from the top of the intake mating. I have a new intake and carb on it now but the hood is off so I need to check fit to figure out what to do about the air cleaner.

Anyone know how much clearance there is to play with from the top of a factory air cleaner to the hood? 351C 2v 1972 NACA hood, no ram air.

I've got the original intake and carb, I measured the rise to the top of the carb as 6 9/16 inches from the top of the intake mating. I have a new intake and carb on it now but the hood is off so I need to check fit to figure out what to do about the air cleaner.
I had to modify my ram air cleaner after installing new engine with highrise intake.

Used a rolled piece of clay on top of cleaner to check clearance as I adjusted to fit.

Hope this helps.

Bru

You can also use alumimum foil to measure. Form it into a ball or similar and place it on top of the air filter and then close the hood.

I also modified my air filter to fit a spacer and now the Bluethunder intake under my Ran air hood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back