• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Z

Reaction score
My Car
1972 SportsRoof, 351 4V CJ, 4 Speed, AC, PS, PDB, Competition Suspension, Folding Rear Seat, Tilt Wheel, Instrumentation Group, Console, Convenience Group, Appearance Protection Group,
[url=https://ibb.co/eBPUOG][img]https://preview.ibb.co/hmjkxb/IMG_2113.jpg[/img][/url]
Wanted to buy:  Side molding trim from the Appearance Protection Package. This is the side trim that runs from the front fender to the leading edge of the rear quarter panel.  Complete or as pieces.  I am also looking for the clips that attach the trim to the body.  Please send me a PM. 

Thanks!

isn't that the décor group trim? 10 pieces separates color from black

Last edited by a moderator:
isn't that the décor group trim? 10 pieces separates color from black
No, I think that is on the lower trim by the rocker panels.  What I'm looing for is the trim with the black plastic insert above the wheel openings.  Below is a photo of the trim on the drivers side front fender.

oh wow, never even seen that before, how many had that???? I'm gonna guess it was just coupe and vert.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow, never even seen that before, how many had that???? I'm gonna guess it was just coupe and vert.
Actually a Sportsroof (fast back).  

Wanted to buy:  Side molding trim from the Appearance Protection Package. This is the side trim that runs from the front fender to the leading edge of the rear quarter panel.  Complete or as pieces.  I am also looking for the clips that attach the trim to the body.  Please send me a PM. 

Thanks!
PM sent

It was not available on Mach 1 or if you had the Decor Group. My Q 72 vert has it but they welded up all the holes and were removing. It included the lower rocker molding and the wheel opening moldings I believe. The odd part of the option was the locking spare tire. Yes a key lock on the spare tire. I guess that was part of the protection. Picture is of one of the locks I added to my Mach 1. It may have also included the bumper guards I would have to go look at the Ford facts book on that one. Most of the spare tire locks got tossed I do see them on Ebay often.

It is a pretty common option that had the side bump strips removed from lots of cars. Here are the numbers.

Coupes, 15,575

Fastback, 1,915

Vert, 1,259

Coupes, 17,380

Fastback, 1,575

Vert, 1,645

Coupes, 15,882

Fastback, 1,755

Vert, 2825

That is from Marti's Mustang by the Numbers book.

David

It was not available on Mach 1 or if you had the Decor Group. My Q 72 vert has it but they welded up all the holes and were removing. It included the lower rocker molding and the wheel opening moldings I believe. The odd part of the option was the locking spare tire. Yes a key lock on the spare tire. I guess that was part of the protection. Picture is of one of the locks I added to my Mach 1. It may have also included the bumper guards I would have to go look at the Ford facts book on that one. Most of the spare tire locks got tossed I do see them on Ebay often.

It is a pretty common option that had the side bump strips removed from lots of cars. Here are the numbers.

Coupes, 15,575

Fastback, 1,915

Vert, 1,259

Coupes, 17,380

Fastback, 1,575

Vert, 1,645

Coupes, 15,882

Fastback, 1,755

Vert, 2825

That is from Marti's Mustang by the Numbers book.

David

Hey, thanks for the info!

Back