Convertible Rear Seat Foam

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hi Guys and Gals, 

I know there's rear seat foam for the Mach's but for Convertibles... not so much! I am planning on dropping off front and rear seat frames to the upholsterer. I have the standard seat covers from TMI and new seat foam for the front seats. I am also planning on letting them install seat heaters which I also have. But I don't know what to use on the rear bench. I really don't want to reuse my old and nasty looking remnants of foam. Do you think the upholsterer can carve some similar foam pieces like the originals?

OLD MUSTANGS NEVER DIE, THEY JUST GO FASTER!!!

IMG_0981.JPG

They should be able to make new foam based on your originals.  They can also change density and firmness, so you can make the seats the way you want them.
Wasn't the back seat on the verts padded with just burlap?

Hi Bru, what is in the picture was on my rear bench, all molded and looks original but ratty. The piece of burlap you see has tiny but stiff wires in it. Just a small piece of burlap that goes all the way across the bench but doesn't cover the whole thing.

They should be able to make new foam based on your originals.  They can also change density and firmness, so you can make the seats the way you want them.
Wasn't the back seat on the verts padded with just burlap?

To be honest, I would have to look.  I thought there was some foam on the seat bottoms.

Either way, good upholsterers can do a lot to recontour original seats and change stiffness.

Back