73 mustang chair???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Mustang (project)
93 Dodge Shadow (daily)
86 Buick Regal (2nd project)
Here's what I did during part of the fall and through the winter. I made a computer chair out of one of my old 1973 mustang seats. Actually it is the bottom of the passenger's and the back of the driver's.

driver's seat (had a broken bottom)

SAM_0220.jpg

bottom of passenger's seat with out the rails

DSC00040.jpg

adapter bracket I made

DSC00035.jpg

base of a old computer chair

DSC00041.jpg

bracket painted black

DSC00056.jpg

bracket bolted down

DSC00057.jpg

bottom with no back

DSC00060.jpg

finished product

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the best chair I've ever sat in that cost about 20 bucks (material) and it was good welding practice.

Thanks for the comments.

I like it! I had a pair of black deluxe seats that my sons used in their rooms when they were growing up.They would do there home work and listen to music in them. We just set them on the floor in the corner or against the wall. It gave the room a cool look and also kept them out of the shop!

The cool thing, in my opinion, is that I didn't mess with the seat at all so it is completely reversible. If I decide to use them for there actual purpose I can, even though that's unlikely.

nice chair!!....plus im 6'5" and 270 pounds...its hard to find computer chairs that will last under my weight for long...that looks right up my alley!!...ill have to show my pipe fitter buddy...so we can get one together..lol..i allways break the backs on my chairs:(..lol..but my mustangs have held me up for 20 years and still strong..lol....i need to get a welder in the shop..thinkin about picking up a cheap wire feed...i can do a little stick..but i usualy do the classic and stick the rod right too the metal...cause i dont know my temps all that well yet..lol

nice chair!!....plus im 6'5" and 270 pounds...its hard to find computer chairs that will last under my weight for long...that looks right up my alley!!...ill have to show my pipe fitter buddy...so we can get one together..lol..i allways break the backs on my chairs:(..lol..but my mustangs have held me up for 20 years and still strong..lol....i need to get a welder in the shop..thinkin about picking up a cheap wire feed...i can do a little stick..but i usualy do the classic and stick the rod right too the metal...cause i dont know my temps all that well yet..lol
If your going to do this I would suggest getting a metal base because I snapped a leg off of the crappy plastic one. I have a different base on there now. It was free but now I don't have wheels.

example of a metal base

483584578_o.jpg

here's what the chair looks like now

100_3095.jpg

100_3100.jpg

100_3104.jpg

cc...heck....i mite just find a swivel and just build a nice base...ty for the pics!!..defenatly what ill be lookin for now...a old mach seat or somthing like it...lol..great idea

Little update:

My chair swivel had only 6 ball bearings and a cork spacer in between them. That broke so I decided to just put ball bearings in it.

Here are all 43 3/8" ball bearings.

100_4954.jpg

ball bearing race greased up with automotive wheel bearing grease.

100_4957.jpg

100_4959.jpg

100_4962.jpg

100_4965.jpg

It's good to have her back.

Thanks for looking.

Fantastic! However, it is missing a pair of seat (lap) belts, which would make it that much more authentic, IMHO.

Thanks guys, it's defiantly a conversation piece.

Fantastic! However, it is missing a pair of seat (lap) belts, which would make it that much more authentic, IMHO.
I would have if my mustang had them. They were already removed when I got the it.

Jayson, You just beat me out for recycling king. Way to go!
Thanks Mark, I do try to repurpose anything and everything.

Back