Hello from Southern Utah

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busted Knucks

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sport Roof
351 Cleveland 4V
T5 transmission
Just wanted to say hello.  My 20 year old son just bought his first Mustang.  It is a '71 sport roof with a 351C 4V backed up with a T5(we also got the 4 speed).

It isn't perfect by any means but it is a good car for him to learn how to really work on his own car.  His previous car was a VW Passat and a nightmare to work on.

upload high quality photos

Hello and welcome from the Peoples Republic of California.

You have hit on THE site for informatioin our mustangs.

Welcome Busted Knucks from Southwestern Indiana. Yes the 71 is an excellent car for your son to learn about auto work. Keep us updated on progress.

1goldcjmach

Just wanted to say hello.  My 20 year old son just bought his first Mustang.  It is a '71 sport roof with a 351C 4V backed up with a T5(we also got the 4 speed).

It isn't perfect by any means but it is a good car for him to learn how to really work on his own car.  His previous car was a VW Passat and a nightmare to work on.

upload high quality photos
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. A word of caution. Never take anything off and toss it thinking you will go buy another. Some pieces for these cars are tough to find.

David

Welcome from Wa state. Great starting point!

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. A word of caution. Never take anything off and toss it thinking you will go buy another. Some pieces for these cars are tough to find.

David
I am finding that out with searching for a decent set of A pillar mouldings

Thanks everybody for all the replies. I had a '68 coupe and 5 different fox bodies when I was younger, but I'll always love my '77 F150 with the 351M I bought when I was in 7th grade and wanted my son to have that love and pride of ownership that comes with restoring and maintaining a classic car.

Plus I told him it was a good investment long term.

Back