Hello from Southern Utah

Busted Knucks

Just wanted to say hello.  My 20 year old son just bought his first Mustang.  It is a '71 sport roof with a 351C 4V backed up with a T5(we also got the 4 speed).

It isn't perfect by any means but it is a good car for him to learn how to really work on his own car.  His previous car was a VW Passat and a nightmare to work on.

IMG_1277.jpg

upload high quality photos

Welcome from Iowa. Nice car.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Hello and welcome from the Peoples Republic of California.

You have hit on THE site for informatioin our mustangs.

Hello from Mississippi. Looks to be a great project car for your Son. Lots of experience and knowledge here and all willing to share and help in any way. Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Just wanted to say hello.  My 20 year old son just bought his first Mustang.  It is a '71 sport roof with a 351C 4V backed up with a T5(we also got the 4 speed).

It isn't perfect by any means but it is a good car for him to learn how to really work on his own car.  His previous car was a VW Passat and a nightmare to work on.

IMG_1277.jpg

upload high quality photos

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. A word of caution. Never take anything off and toss it thinking you will go buy another. Some pieces for these cars are tough to find.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from Wa state. Great starting point!

movie stars with addictions go to the Betty Ford clinic,

I take my addiction to the Henry Ford clinic.lollerz

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. A word of caution. Never take anything off and toss it thinking you will go buy another. Some pieces for these cars are tough to find.

David

I am finding that out with searching for a decent set of A pillar mouldings

Thanks everybody for all the replies. I had a '68 coupe and 5 different fox bodies when I was younger, but I'll always love my '77 F150 with the 351M I bought when I was in 7th grade and wanted my son to have that love and pride of ownership that comes with restoring and maintaining a classic car.

Plus I told him it was a good investment long term.

Welcome from Denmark Northern Part of the Europe Nation [emoji1087] Regards Lars DK73

Sendt fra min F8331 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Welcome from Virginia. Looks like a great father/son project.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

windshield pillar moldings repop

https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-windshield-pillar-molding-pair-fastback-1971-1973/p/WM9/

Don might have em too at Ohio Mustang

I have seen those, but I have also seen the reviews and some pictures of fitment issues.