Sound off if you have a convertible

I have a secret desire/ambition (don't tell my wife) to get a 71 or 72 convertible and was wondering how many convertibles there are on here.

So, if you have a 71-73 convertible make a post to this thread listing the year, engine and any other options you'd like to share and let's see how many we can get listed.

Example:

71 M-code, ram air, Lime with white top.

spacer.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'73, H-code, C-6, dual exhaust, Medium Bright Yellow, black top and interior, ram air hood, Magnums, Factory A/C, Full console, pocket ported heads, roller rockers, hardened pushrods and guide plates, stainless valves, hardened exhaust seats, Isky RV hydraulic cam, Performer 2v intake, Old school M/T valve covers, Ram Air air cleaner

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

73 F code Dual exhaust, Bright Medium Yellow, white top / interior, ram air hood, Magnums, full console, slight build on the a newer 302( couldn't tell you what kind of build as a P/O did it) 3 spd stick.

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

72 spint - one of fifty made. I owned another one in the 80's (yes I have owned 2 of the 50 ) and I sold a blue 73 conv to buy the 2nd 72 sprint. I sold the 1st sprint a long time ago.

Autoshow.thumb.JPG.3d70ad0fa493e4afc01e42927f0bf69f.JPG

Vamach1 - 72 Sprint conv & 72 Mach1

73 Convertible, L code (250 CID), Wimbledon White originally equipped as follows:

- Decor Group - Honeycomb Grill, Black Paint and Aluminum Strips on lower body panels, and special hubcaps and trim rings but converted to optional 1973 Aluminum Wheels (option)

- Sport (Racing) Mirrors (option)

- Full-length console with clock (option)

- Automatic transmission (option)

- Power Steering (option)

- Ford Pony Floor Mats (dealer option)

- Power Disc Brakes (standard on the convertible in 73)

- AM/FM radio (option)

- The interior is the deluxe style with the Black Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats (comfort weave material used in convertibles)

Link to Marti Report Click Here

DSCF1185.jpg

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

'73, H code, C-6. single exhaust (for now), Medium bright yellow, White/black deluxe interior, full gauge package, power black top, dog dish hub caps and trim rings (for now), factory A/C, stock engine. Been sitting in a garage/barn 20 years before we bought it 2 years ago. Currently getting it road worthy.

73 H code FMX originally white with ginger interior and top now yellow with a 460.

73 conv. 460, D0VE large valve heads, Performer RPM manifold, Voodoo 227/233 cam, Holley 950 HP carb, C6 trans, 3.25 trak-loc.

73 Ford light Blue, white/black deluxe interior. Convenience group, appearence Protection Group, rear bumper guards,factory air. Originally had 351-c 2v and FMX with 2.75 standard axle.

Today: Engine: 351C with 4v cc heads 4 bolt main, tri-power, hookers, glass packs, comp 270 cam, Rhodes, fordged flat tops, mallory unilite, ford motorsport roller rockers, ford motorsport valve covers. I ditched the factory AC.

Drive train: FMX was replaced with C6, rear axle is now 3.50 traction lock, Cragar S/S (they are almost 30 years old)

Body/suspension: subframe connectors, shelby style traction bars and global west strut rods.

swapped in the NASA hood.

Interior: Added tilt steering, tach, guages.

You can't beat top down fun!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Mine is a 73 convertible that was ordered with a Q code, 4 speed toploader, 3.50 trac-lock, well optioned (has pretty much everything I would have ordered) and soon to be returned to the original med. blue aqua with hood black-out and side stripes (It was repainted Acapulco Blue a long time ago and even I kinda wish Ford had stuck with Grabber Blue until the end of 73 but I'll give the Aqua a try for now.) [/font]

1149485511_73MUSTANGconvertiblethb.jpg.11dd0f0c7836b1edf56b727b88165edb.jpg

Mine is a73 F code. Has a reman 302 w/ orig 2bbl, bright greengold with painted 72 white stripes. NASA hood, Mach 1 grill, white interior, black carpet, white roof. C4 with 2:79 rear, magnums, headers w/ flowmaster 40s. Fun, fun, fun car.

71', H code, auto FMX, Medium Yellow Gold, Pwr Strg. Pwr Frnt Disc Brks, A/C, Decor group, console, white top and deluxe interior. Marti's 1 of 17.

image.thumb.jpg.fb13432822d24601bd64f292613d682e.jpg

'73, H-code, FMX, stainless dual exhaust, White, white top and medium blue interior, ram air hood, 15" Magnums, Factory A/C, Full console, 351C stroked to 408, 4v quench heads, roller rockers, roller hydraulic cam, Ram Air air cleaner and plenum. Front and rear spoilers.

57_23_07_10_12_47_19.jpeg

White 1973 (351C stroked to 408, 4V, FMX) convertible with blue deluxe interior AC and power windows.

Mike

Irwin Pa (MCA # 52193)

1972 F code. (Now has a 351W by Ford Racing)

Originally painted Medium Brown Metallic (now yellow). FMX, 15 inch Magnum 500 (now 18 inch Bullits), competition suspension, traction lock, 3:00 rear, white interior, center console, power windows, white top (now black), convenience group, appearance Protection Group and bumper guards (both removed).

Has Headers, Edelbrock mufflers, MSD ignition, 1969 Mach 1 hood scoop.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

This sounds like a real nice club within the club to belong to.

I agree and want to join. I feel like I'm on the side line saying "pick me, pick me"!

spacer.png

Mine a 72 convertible bright red

250 six and C4

nine inch type drums all round

18 inch Chrysler 300C wheels

and new white top

last but not least

Right hand drive to suit the country

I live in Australia the 51st state of the US Ha Ha

hopefully a 351 Cleveland soon

the RHD conversion was done using

XB Falcon parts(Think Mad Max)

73 H code 30000 orig miles and LOADED

DARK GREEN w white top

A/C

PS

DISC

AM-FM

TILT

POWER WINDOWS

TINTED GLASS

DELUXE ALVACADO INTERIOR

NASA HOOD

DELAYED WIPERS

MAP LIGHT

UNDER DASH LIGHTS

TRUNK LIGHT

TACH DASH AND GAUGES

FULL CONSOLE

DELUXE WHEEL COVERS

Pretty sure it had seat release system and more too.

TIME MACHINE

EVERYTHING UNDER THE HOOD IS THERE AND ORIGINAL

ORIGINAL SPARE, JACK AND ALL IN THE TRUNK

NICE CLEAN ORIGINAL INTERIOR

TOP, RADIO, GAUGES AND EVERYTHING WORKED

One re-paint, has evedence of mud in corners of 1/4's

Needs floors, biggest thing is left front torque box is bad. Front brake line is bad / no frt brakes.

Bought off original owner in 2004

Drove it to the shop [ with only rear brakes ] and parked it in the corner.

Had plans for it but it is still sitting the corner. At least it's safe and dry inside and it looks nice sitting there.

Don

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

http://www.7173mustangs.com/images/oms_sig_banner.jpg

Don,

Maybe I can suggest this in a quiet manner before Roy jumps on with his famous line: got any pictures you can post for us?

I would love to be interested - just cannot at this time but Don65Stang would love to see it.

Don,

Maybe I can suggest this in a quiet manner before Roy jumps on with his famous line: got any pictures you can post for us?

I would love to be interested - just cannot at this time but Don65Stang would love to see it.

Come on say iy like you mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Don,

Come on say iy like you mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Now that's what I'm talking about!

73 H code 30000 orig miles and LOADED

DARK GREEN w white top

A/C

PS

DISC

AM-FM

TILT

POWER WINDOWS

TINTED GLASS

DELUXE ALVACADO INTERIOR

NASA HOOD

DELAYED WIPERS

MAP LIGHT

UNDER DASH LIGHTS

TRUNK LIGHT

TACH DASH AND GAUGES

FULL CONSOLE

DELUXE WHEEL COVERS

Pretty sure it had seat release system and more too.

TIME MACHINE

EVERYTHING UNDER THE HOOD IS THERE AND ORIGINAL

ORIGINAL SPARE, JACK AND ALL IN THE TRUNK

NICE CLEAN ORIGINAL INTERIOR

TOP, RADIO, GAUGES AND EVERYTHING WORKED

One re-paint, has evedence of mud in corners of 1/4's

Needs floors, biggest thing is left front torque box is bad. Front brake line is bad / no frt brakes.

Bought off original owner in 2004

Drove it to the shop [ with only rear brakes ] and parked it in the corner.

Had plans for it but it is still sitting the corner. At least it's safe and dry inside and it looks nice sitting there.

Don

Wounds like a sweet 73 Convert! I agree, we need to see pics!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

• 1 month later...

After restoring Many vehicles for other people I am not fond of the all original bit any more. I built a 72 Vert. from 4 71-73 cars. 351C 4v, 4spd. and every go fast or look pretty option the vehicles had on them. Midnight blue Met. Gave it to My Daughter, for Her 38th birthday. She Is now 44 and 2 points from loosing her License .

72 Red convertible w/white deluxe interior. 302 V8. C4 auto. Power windows, power brakes, power top, edelbrock performer 4V intake and Hollley 650 4bbl carb. Petronix ignition.

73 Blue Glow convertible w/deluxe blue interior, white top, factory alum wheels, 351c (H) upgraded with eldelbrock performer intake with Holly 600 4bbl, C6, air conditioning, full gauges, ram air setup

• 1 month later...

I have a 73 vert but it is not a Mustang, it is a Cougar, all original Q code car. Does this count,lol.

my current rides

1973 Mustang Coupe

1989 Mercury Cougar XR7

1973 Mercury XR7 Cougar Convertible(sold)

1966 Mercury Comet 202

1985 F150 4x4

1962 Ford Fairlane 500