Sound off if you have a convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I have a secret desire/ambition (don't tell my wife) to get a 71 or 72 convertible and was wondering how many convertibles there are on here.

So, if you have a 71-73 convertible make a post to this thread listing the year, engine and any other options you'd like to share and let's see how many we can get listed.

Example:

71 M-code, ram air, Lime with white top.

Last edited by a moderator:
'73, H-code, C-6, dual exhaust, Medium Bright Yellow, black top and interior, ram air hood, Magnums, Factory A/C, Full console, pocket ported heads, roller rockers, hardened pushrods and guide plates, stainless valves, hardened exhaust seats, Isky RV hydraulic cam, Performer 2v intake, Old school M/T valve covers, Ram Air air cleaner

73 F code Dual exhaust, Bright Medium Yellow, white top / interior, ram air hood, Magnums, full console, slight build on the a newer 302( couldn't tell you what kind of build as a P/O did it) 3 spd stick.

72 spint - one of fifty made. I owned another one in the 80's (yes I have owned 2 of the 50 ) and I sold a blue 73 conv to buy the 2nd 72 sprint. I sold the 1st sprint a long time ago.

Autoshow.JPG

73 Convertible, L code (250 CID), Wimbledon White originally equipped as follows:

- Decor Group - Honeycomb Grill, Black Paint and Aluminum Strips on lower body panels, and special hubcaps and trim rings but converted to optional 1973 Aluminum Wheels (option)

- Sport (Racing) Mirrors (option)

- Full-length console with clock (option)

- Automatic transmission (option)

- Power Steering (option)

- Ford Pony Floor Mats (dealer option)

- Power Disc Brakes (standard on the convertible in 73)

- AM/FM radio (option)

- The interior is the deluxe style with the Black Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats (comfort weave material used in convertibles)

Link to Marti Report Click Here

DSCF1185.jpg

'73, H code, C-6. single exhaust (for now), Medium bright yellow, White/black deluxe interior, full gauge package, power black top, dog dish hub caps and trim rings (for now), factory A/C, stock engine. Been sitting in a garage/barn 20 years before we bought it 2 years ago. Currently getting it road worthy.

73 Ford light Blue, white/black deluxe interior. Convenience group, appearence Protection Group, rear bumper guards,factory air. Originally had 351-c 2v and FMX with 2.75 standard axle.

Today: Engine: 351C with 4v cc heads 4 bolt main, tri-power, hookers, glass packs, comp 270 cam, Rhodes, fordged flat tops, mallory unilite, ford motorsport roller rockers, ford motorsport valve covers. I ditched the factory AC.

Drive train: FMX was replaced with C6, rear axle is now 3.50 traction lock, Cragar S/S (they are almost 30 years old)

Body/suspension: subframe connectors, shelby style traction bars and global west strut rods.

swapped in the NASA hood.

Interior: Added tilt steering, tach, guages.

You can't beat top down fun!

Mine is a 73 convertible that was ordered with a Q code, 4 speed toploader, 3.50 trac-lock, well optioned (has pretty much everything I would have ordered) and soon to be returned to the original med. blue aqua with hood black-out and side stripes (It was repainted Acapulco Blue a long time ago and even I kinda wish Ford had stuck with Grabber Blue until the end of 73 but I'll give the Aqua a try for now.) [/font]

73 MUSTANG convertible thb.jpg

Mine is a73 F code. Has a reman 302 w/ orig 2bbl, bright greengold with painted 72 white stripes. NASA hood, Mach 1 grill, white interior, black carpet, white roof. C4 with 2:79 rear, magnums, headers w/ flowmaster 40s. Fun, fun, fun car.

'73, H-code, FMX, stainless dual exhaust, White, white top and medium blue interior, ram air hood, 15" Magnums, Factory A/C, Full console, 351C stroked to 408, 4v quench heads, roller rockers, roller hydraulic cam, Ram Air air cleaner and plenum. Front and rear spoilers.

1972 F code. (Now has a 351W by Ford Racing)

Originally painted Medium Brown Metallic (now yellow). FMX, 15 inch Magnum 500 (now 18 inch Bullits), competition suspension, traction lock, 3:00 rear, white interior, center console, power windows, white top (now black), convenience group, appearance Protection Group and bumper guards (both removed).

Has Headers, Edelbrock mufflers, MSD ignition, 1969 Mach 1 hood scoop.

Mine a 72 convertible bright red

250 six and C4

nine inch type drums all round

18 inch Chrysler 300C wheels

and new white top

last but not least

Right hand drive to suit the country

I live in Australia the 51st state of the US Ha Ha

hopefully a 351 Cleveland soon

the RHD conversion was done using

XB Falcon parts(Think Mad Max)

73 H code 30000 orig miles and LOADED

DARK GREEN w white top

A/C

PS

DISC

AM-FM

TILT

POWER WINDOWS

TINTED GLASS

DELUXE ALVACADO INTERIOR

NASA HOOD

DELAYED WIPERS

MAP LIGHT

UNDER DASH LIGHTS

TRUNK LIGHT

TACH DASH AND GAUGES

FULL CONSOLE

DELUXE WHEEL COVERS

Pretty sure it had seat release system and more too.

TIME MACHINE

EVERYTHING UNDER THE HOOD IS THERE AND ORIGINAL

ORIGINAL SPARE, JACK AND ALL IN THE TRUNK

NICE CLEAN ORIGINAL INTERIOR

TOP, RADIO, GAUGES AND EVERYTHING WORKED

One re-paint, has evedence of mud in corners of 1/4's

Needs floors, biggest thing is left front torque box is bad. Front brake line is bad / no frt brakes.

Bought off original owner in 2004

Drove it to the shop [ with only rear brakes ] and parked it in the corner.

Had plans for it but it is still sitting the corner. At least it's safe and dry inside and it looks nice sitting there.

Don

Don,

Maybe I can suggest this in a quiet manner before Roy jumps on with his famous line: got any pictures you can post for us?

I would love to be interested - just cannot at this time but Don65Stang would love to see it.

Don,

Maybe I can suggest this in a quiet manner before Roy jumps on with his famous line: got any pictures you can post for us?

I would love to be interested - just cannot at this time but Don65Stang would love to see it.
Come on say iy like you mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Latest posts

Back