Sound off if you have a convertible

Don65Stang

My XR7 originally came with a 351, which was long gone by the time I pulled the car from a field. Originally was a light red color. Repainted with a dark red at some point, came with white upholstery and top and black carpet.

AC, power windows and top, 9" 3.00 gears, power disc in the front with drums in the back.

• 3 months later...

My XR7 originally came with a 351, which was long gone by the time I pulled the car from a field. Originally was a light red color. Repainted with a dark red at some point, came with white upholstery and top and black carpet.

AC, power windows and top, 9" 3.00 gears, power disc in the front with drums in the back.

Overhauled interior. Just what the doc ordered......to start placing at the car shows.....
1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Looks great!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

73 302 2v originally bright red white top white interior and C4. Needs total restoration.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

I picked up my Ford Mustang convertible last week:

1973 Q-CODE , C6, bright Red, white interior, white top, decor group, NASA hood, TuTone hood paint ( hood is just red but will be restored ).

The car has lot's of options ( check my deluxe Marti report which I have posted as well).

My plan is to completely restore it. Not sure yet if it will remain bright red with a white interior...

I did grab a pic before I stuffed it in the garage. Like I said it is rough but underside and typical rust areas are surprisingly good for the price paid.

73vert.thumb.jpg.40e7b7931ea0c3df44bea1f7333bcfe6.jpg

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 71 Convertible I am rebuilding. Maybe someone on this sight can explain something to me. There were 34K Mach 1 built in 1971 and only 6K convertibles. So  how is it that the Mach 1 sells for more??? Always thought Convertibles sell for more than Fastbacks and the less made the greater the value. This makes no sense to me? Can anyone help?????

I have a 71 Convertible I am rebuilding. Maybe someone on this sight can explain something to me. There were 34K Mach 1 built in 1971 and only 6K convertibles. So  how is it that the Mach 1 sells for more??? Always thought Convertibles sell for more than Fastbacks and the less made the greater the value. This makes no sense to me? Can anyone help?????

How rare a car is doens't determine value.  There are only a handful of Pinto's left but they don't sell for much..

People identify the 71 to 73 model as 'The mach 1'.    Many people prefer the looks of the Mach 1 sports roof over the convertible as well. It's rather iconic and has a certain 'muscle car' look to it.   And in some places a convertible just isn't practical.    So supply and demand is at work.  While the supply of the Mach 1's may be higher so is the demand and therefore a higher price can be asked.

I had a Mach 1 but it was wrecked.  I live in Arizona so a convertible is a great car to own here.   I love my 73 and have owned it for over 30 years but there are still times I kinda wish I had the Mach 1.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

943125_250707488403645_1825331001_n_2.jpg

@ convertible selling for more-'they do' but you take a 71 mustang w/429 or 71 stang Boss 351 compared to a 71 vert w/stock 302 non Boss, and at the top value as a #1(not on the road w/low miles and only trailered from car show to...events) will go as high blue book at @ 78,000 then the Boss 351 knock off @ 20,000, the 302 for the convertibles only a few thousand more than the hard tops and this year the highest of the 71-3's be under 25,000.

2015_bio_068_2.jpg

multiple photo upload

How rare a car is doens't determine value.  There are only a handful of Pinto's left but they don't sell for much..

People identify the 71 to 73 model as 'The mach 1'.    Many people prefer the looks of the Mach 1 sports roof over the convertible as well. It's rather iconic and has a certain 'muscle car' look to it.   And in some places a convertible just isn't practical.    So supply and demand is at work.  While the supply of the Mach 1's may be higher so is the demand and therefore a higher price can be asked.

I had a Mach 1 but it was wrecked.  I live in Arizona so a convertible is a great car to own here.   I love my 73 and have owned it for over 30 years but there are still times I kinda wish I had the Mach 1.

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

• 4 months later...

Have two 73s...one heavily optioned H-code and one F-code and a Daily Driver 2014 GT. Going to be selling the Gold 73 soon to fund another project.

DSC_094416.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

20170517_174558_r.jpg

20170320_155647.jpg

Image008a.jpg

20140622_125806_1_1.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

• 1 month later...

I've been a member a long time and finally read through this thread from Don and have enjoyed seeing all these fine cars. To cjevans, very impressed with your restoration of the copper car and love your gold glow 73 too  (I'm embarrassed to post pics of my cars after seeing the copper car)! :shootself:   Where did you get the hose for the carbon canister? I will be selling three of my cars in the next month to fund other projects and will post pics of those cars soon. Later I plan to post some pics of some of my other "keeper" cars when I can get them out of the garage and wipe off the dust!

1F03M, Maroon,Blk Int,Wht Top,A/C,Rim Blow,Posi

1F03M, Maroon,Wht/Wht,PW

1F03M, GrbrLime,Wht/Wht,A/C,CA Car

1F03M, Drk Green,Grn/Blk,4-Spd,Tach,R/A,Tilt,Rim Blow,PW

1F03M, Drk Grn,Blk/Blk,4-Spd,Tach,A/C,Tilt,Rim Blow,Mgnms

1F03M, Black,Wht,Wht,Tach,Posi

1F03M, Brown,Ginger,Blk,4-Spd,R/A,Tach

1F03M, Pewter,Blk,Blk,4-Spd,A/C,R/A,Tach,Mgnms

2F03R, GrabberBlue,Wht,Wht,Dcr Grp,Tach

2F03R, Brgt Blue,Wht,Wht,Dcr Grp,Tach

2F03Q, Red,Wht,Wht,Rim Blow,A/C,Tach,Conv.Grp,DcrGrp,Stripes,Mgnms

2F03Q, Rd,Rd,Blk,Rim Blow,A/C,Tach

2F03Q, Brgt Lime(Orig. Gld Glw),Blk,Blk,A/C,P/W,Tilt,Conv Grp,Dcr Grp

2F03Q, Grbr Blue,(Orig. Brt Blue)Wht, Wht,4-Spd,Tach,A/C

3F03Q, (2) Gold Glow(one Blk int,one Ginger int),both 4-Spd,Tach,Dcr Grp,Stripes,TuTone Hood,Frgd Whls

3F03Q,BluGlow,Blu,Wht,4Spd,A/C,Tach,DcrGrp,Stripes,TT,Frgd Whls

3F03Q, Copper,Gngr,Blk,4Spd,Tach,DcrGrp,Stripes,T-T,Frgd Whls

3F03Q, Trpl Wht,A/C,P/W,Tilt,Tach

3F03Q, Spcl Ordr Black,Blk,Wht,Tach

3F03Q, Spcl Order Purple,Wht,Wht,A/C,Tach,Tilt,P/W,Frgd Whls

And 10 more verts, 2 Boss 351s and 1 M-code Mach I! :D

• 2 weeks later...