1971-1973 Ram Air Base

4mm

Looking for a ram air base in good condition ,oem preferred but not necessary.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Still looking

I have this base, it is an OEM Ford base, but it has a few difference from what a normal Mustang ram air base would have and that is the offset is less pronounced, the rubber seal lip is straight up, location of the emission oil breather port is on the left side instead of on the right near the charcoal canister port. I have yet been able to identify what car it originally belonged to.  I am willing to sell it.

The one on the left is the mystery base and the right is a 71-73 351C base.

20170626_205124_1.jpg

20170626_205022_1.jpg

20170626_205300_1.jpg

20170626_205526.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

I am not up to speed on the bases for sure. I have a couple but need for builds. Here are a couple pictures I took on parts gathering trips of different bases not for Mustang. There are numbers stamped on the flange that identify them but I do not have a cross reference. You need to be careful when you purchase you might bet a Mercury or Torino, 429 base and will not work or will not fit correctly.

David

DSC_2253.jpg

DSC_2254.jpg

DSC_2255.jpg

DSC_2256.jpg

DSC_2257.jpg

DSC_2258.jpg

DSC_2259.jpg

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Montego

Yep. That was my and others original thought too. That it belongs to a 72-73 Mercury Cyclone with a 429 Cobra Jet, similar to the one below. It has the oil breather port on the left side like mine, but I have not found other pictures of it without the rubber lid/seal to make a positive comparision.

72-73 Mercury Cyclone 429 Cobra Jet

73_Montego_GT_429_with_Ram_Air_b.jpg

73_Montego_GT_429_with_Ram_Air_a.jpg

Or a 1970-71 Mercury Cyclone 429 Cobra Jet (I suspect the flapper plate/lid is not a one-piece molded rubber with the seal, and is a metal lid and bolted to the base, but it is hard to tell)

cyclone_429_1.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking for a Ram Air filter base.

Willing to purchase a reproduction, I don’t need the snorkel or lid but will consider all options. Thanks!