351 cleveland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codybrown435

Reaction score
My Car
1971 ford mustang grand 351 Cleveland 4 barrel carb,
looking to juice her up any ideals
I have a 71 ford mustang grande it has a 351 Cleveland 4 barrel carb and I wanting to do some small upgrades on it to give it a little more juice. what can I do that wont cost a arm and a leg.???? (I am new to the engine thing, I am a body and paint guy)

You do not specify much your current engine... how healthy is it? Original?

Ignition, intake, exhaust... there are plenty options to get bits more out of the engine at low cost, assuming you have an healthy engine.

The moment you start open the engine, you then enter another game...

Intake, Headers and a more aggressive cam will net you a lot of power. These engines (especially the 4v) like to rev. One word of caution though is the stock 2 piece valves are known to fail and can wipe out an engine. So I would also highly recommend upgrading to stainless one piece valves.

Google search 351 Cleveland. A good starting point is the Dan Jones basics of building a 351c article. Brent Lykins has a great forum. Go to lykinsmotorsportsllc.com on the bottom of the page is a link to it. There is also the Clevelands forever forum or 351c.net. if you want to do some research

As inferred by Fabrice, you really have not given us enough information.

When you say "more juice", do you mean more torque, i.e., more "pep" from a standstill; better passing performance; more topend?

Do you know what rear end gears you currently have in the car?  Have there any modifications from original to your knowledge? 

We REALLY need more information to give you a more definitive suggestion.

BT

When you say "more juice", do you mean more torque, i.e., more "pep" from a standstill; better passing performance; more topend?

Do you know what rear end gears you currently have in the car?  Have there any modifications from original to your knowledge? 

BT
BT, are you out of hibernation now?LOL! lollerz

BT
BT, are you out of hibernation now?LOL! lollerz
Yes, Tommy I am out and back on the scene.

BT

Back