Kool things previous owners left behind in your car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to post this thread in response to the other thread I posted tonight:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-kool-things-ford-workers-left-behind-when-they-were-building-your-car

So here's an example of some cool stuff I found in the factory console of my Bright Blue 72 R-code convertible left behind by the last owner. Check out the cigar and the cool "Saturday Night Fever" hair brush circa 1976. I had a brush like this when I was a sophomore in high school and had hair lollerz 

And check out these cool bumper stickers and window tags:

And let's not forget, every classic needs a can of "Fix a Flat":

And these cool old school tires with which to use the "Fix a Flat":

And let's not forget about the contributions made by our furry little friends all over the top of the motor and just about everywhere else:

And lastly, a few dirt dobbers:

I missed out on the dog hairs but it made up for it in the rust region and mice construction work

I bought a clunker falcon a few years back for $600 and apart from a few handy tools left in it there was an expensive looking Gucci watch under the drivers seat which was not owned by the guy i bought the vehicle off.

Sold it on fleabay for $400 then flipped the car for $1800, gotta get lucky sometimes

The previous owners of my car were the makers of Cyberdyne Digital Gauges...so they left a whole dash full of old school digital gauges for me, LOL! 

My car was a show car for their gauges back in the day!

Not too exciting a find I suppose but while I was poking around under the hood I found one of those old school magnetic key holders attached near the battery complete with two working keys inside.

My 71 Mach had nothing behind left but an FM converter and tons of rust. Did find quite a few screws and misc hardware bits from assembly line under the carpets. Inventory control at the Ford plants must have been pretty loosey-goosey!

I bought a one -owner 71 Grande once that had the most incredible ant colony under the passenger side carpet..... :jawdrop:

I missed out on the dog hairs but it made up for it in the rust region and mice construction work

I bought a clunker falcon a few years back for $600 and apart from a few handy tools left in it there was an expensive looking Gucci watch under the drivers seat which was not owned by the guy i bought the vehicle off.

Sold it on fleabay for $400 then flipped the car for $1800, gotta get lucky sometimes
AWESOME!

I found some roaches in a car I got out of Florida ... luckily they were dead.

While not left by a PO, I found a brand new "dropped by a factory line worker" brake pedal rubber under the drivers side carpet when the car was stripped for a repaint. Perhaps it was dropped on installation or knocked off the pedal and rather than look for it, the guy (or gal) just put another one on. Now I have a spare!! I also found three almost pristine build sheets.

Not too exciting a find I suppose but while I was poking around under the hood I found one of those old school magnetic key holders attached near the battery complete with two working keys inside.
I remember those key things! I should have had one when this happened. Funny story:  I drove my first Mustang (and first "real" car), a 1971 Medium Yellow Gold M code Mach I, to a pretty new shopping mall in New Orleans East (about a 35 minute drive from my home town in Slidell, LA) back in 1976 to get a new pair of 5"x9" Jenson 3 way speakers for the car. I was so excited. There weren't any good places in my town to buy stuff like that. After I bought the speakers, I put them behind the driver's front seat and was ready to go, but I thought of something else I needed. I locked the doors, and started towards the mall from the parking lot. OOPPS. Left the keys in the ignition. Spent the next 30 minutes running around outside the mall trying to find someone with a coat hanger. No luck. Ran inside the mall and finally found a coat hanger that would work. Came back out to unlock the doors, and to my amazement it was unlocked. But one of those kind souls I had asked for help decided to keep the speakers as payment. :shootself:

Well in the guise of "the story" this is my 1969 W axle 4 speed Rcode Sportsroof AS FOUND in the AZ desert in 1999.  HOpe you will follow the photos as to the find, story and how it is today!

Guess you need to see the interior to get a feel for time it sat with "friends"

In the passenger door frame was this!  Turns out a LIZARD was living in the car (door shows "wholed orange rhine" Probably kept the pack rats out after they started nesting!    

So if any of our kids buy this car in the future THEY WILL FIND the "orange" in the door still.   But have to have read this thread to know "the rest of the story" !!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in the guise of "the story" this is my 1969 W axle 4 speed Rcode Sportsroof AS FOUND in the AZ desert in 1999.  HOpe you will follow the photos as to the find, story and how it is today!

Guess you need to see the interior to get a feel for time it sat with "friends"

In the passenger door frame was this!  Have to FIND PHOTO  (give me time to edit)
LOL.Those little guys were busy!

I remember those key things! I should have had one when this happened. Funny story:  I drove my first Mustang (and first "real" car), a 1971 Medium Yellow Gold M code Mach I, to a pretty new shopping mall in New Orleans East (about a 35 minute drive from my home town in Slidell, LA) back in 1976 to get a new pair of 5"x9" Jenson 3 way speakers for the car. I was so excited. There weren't any good places in my town to buy stuff like that. After I bought the speakers, I put them behind the driver's front seat and was ready to go, but I thought of something else I needed. I locked the doors, and started towards the mall from the parking lot. OOPPS. Left the keys in the ignition. Spent the next 30 minutes running around outside the mall trying to find someone with a coat hanger. No luck. Ran inside the mall and finally found a coat hanger that would work. Came back out to unlock the doors, and to my amazement it was unlocked. But one of those kind souls I had asked for help decided to keep the speakers as payment. :shootself:
Ahh, your first car was a 71.  Now I understand why you are so in love with these cars and why that list on your sig is so extensive.  Good luck with the sale on the Lime Green.  Are you thinning the herd?

My 71 Mach had nothing behind left but an FM converter and tons of rust. Did find quite a few screws and misc hardware bits from assembly line under the carpets. Inventory control at the Ford plants must have been pretty loosey-goosey!

I bought a one -owner 71 Grandé once that had the most incredible ant colony under the passenger side carpet..... :jawdrop:
LOL!

I found a lot of bondo, badly fixed body work, some of Mr. Rust, a set of speaker boxes with cheapo-no-name speakers under Pioneer grills, a Mach 1 antenna flag, and a second set of Mustang keys that didn't work in the car.

Back