• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

mach 1 exhaust tips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libram

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
Anyone interested in a set of new unused repops of mach 1 exhaust tips? Fits standard exhaust. These never even made it onto the car as I had to make a change at the last minute. I had a hard time finding anyone who had them so if I could get as close to the 90 I paid for them that would be great.

Anyone interested in a set of new unused repops of mach 1 exhaust tips? Fits standard exhaust. These never even made it onto the car as I had to make a change at the last minute. I had a hard time finding anyone who had them so if I could get as close to the 90 I paid for them that would be great.
Hi. Do you still have these for sale? Which make are they?

Cheers

Andy

Hi. Do you still have these for sale? Which make are they?

Cheers

Andy
I do actually they are tagged as EH-18 

1971-73 Mustang Mach 1 Exhaust Tips-pair. Will fit any 2" pipe. Will fit original 71-73 2¼" Dual Systems because they are necked down to 2" at the end of the tailpipe. Nice looking chrome finish. These can be used on other year models for a great look.

Just a note to remind everyone. The 73 never got the chrome tips. They only had a down turn short of the valance panel on Q code dual exhaust cars. If they had gotten them there would have to be a place on the Buck tag to designate the use of a valance panel with cut outs or the build sheet would have a place to show exhaust. There are not any check boxes for exhaust on the build sheet. In 72 if you got a Q code you got the chrome extensions. I am not up to speed on the 71. Some people added the 72 valance panel to the 73 and added the chrome exhaust tips.

That was just another of the cost cutting steps for 73.

Just a note to remind everyone. The 73 never got the chrome tips. They only had a down turn short of the valance panel on Q code dual exhaust cars. If they had gotten them there would have to be a place on the Buck tag to designate the use of a valance panel with cut outs or the build sheet would have a place to show exhaust. There are not any check boxes for exhaust on the build sheet. In 72 if you got a Q code you got the chrome extensions. I am not up to speed on the 71. Some people added the 72 valance panel to the 73 and added the chrome exhaust tips.

That was just another of the cost cutting steps for 73.
David,

Agree on the 73's...on the 72 Q code convertibles they also got the turn down exhaust system. Not sure if the chrome tips were limited to fastbacks in 71/72?

David, another one of those areas where you can get involved in whirlwind of opinions. The chrome exhaust tips were exclusive to the 71-72 Mach1 (body code 05) with 4 bl engines ONLY. Not even the premium performance cars, Boss 351 and C and J 429's received the chrome tips unless the 429's were Mach 1's.  

And since you are an original owner of a 73 Q code Mach 1 you know as well as anyone that no 73's received the chrome tips on any body style.

As you also stated the dual exhaust rear valence and chrome tips were a very popular add on. With a retail price of $53.55 for the valance and $36.00 for each tip  it was a affordable back yard project and gave you that "Look" we were all after.

The last set of NOS tips I saw (D1ZZ-5255-A and B) were in the $895.00 range!

And as we always say, it's your car to "Decorate" as you wish, we don't judge. This info relates to how these vehicles were designed by the engineers and how they  were intended to leave the "Mother Ship".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back