Mach 1 Polyglas tyre ad

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sprint Sportsroof
Found this ad on the net. It was a two page ad that had been scanned in each page separately so I loaded them up into Corel PhotoPaint and joined them together. There was a blank gap between the two pages in the middle about 2/3 the width of the door handle, but gotta love the clone tool on the PhotoPaint program which did a great job of blending the two sides into one photo.

In this ad I think we are witnessing the first time that Greg Brady, all gussied up in his best chequered pants and polo-neck pullover, plucked up the guts to ask his step-sister Marcia out on a picnic date :wub:

1971_mustang_polyglas_ad_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably HIS Gremlin. C'mon, penny loafers and plaid pants!? The color on the Gremlin even matches the plaid... just sayin', she's too cool to drive that. It's probably why he's begging... begging to drive the Mustang!

It's probably HIS Gremlin. C'mon, penny loafers and plaid pants!? The color on the Gremlin even matches the plaid... just sayin', she's too cool to drive that. It's probably why he's begging... begging to drive the Mustang!
I agree; his gremlin...and he wants to go for a ride! ...and she's thinking not a chance with those paints! ROFL Plus, look at the parking job she did - half way into the street while his Gremlin is parked curbside.

Yeah, definitely his Gremlin. I bet after this photo was taken she kicked the camera from the sweaty grip of his nerdy palms using Charlie's Angels inspired kung fu, and that when he was flouncing back to his car in tears he was set upon by a gang of loafer-hating hoodlum teenagers who pulled his plaid pants up past his polo-neck in the ultimate wedgie.....

Okay this is where my worlds collide. I grew up in American Motors home town. I could not begin to tell you how many Gremlins I saw every day. A friend of mine in high school had one that he dropped a 360 V8 into. It could carry the front wheels 15 - 20 feet. Okay, I have to admit to my trusted mustang friends that the 9 months out of the year that I couldn't drive the mach 1 ( snow,salt and insurance costs) I drove a 1975 brown Pacer. You know the fish bowls on wheels. I tell you though, those old AMCs always ran. That 258 inline 6 was a bullet proof motor. My father in-law drove a Gremlin with an Audi four cylinder in it. It was one of less than 100 they did as an experiment. Some of the AMC stories I could share.

HI all Id like to hear some Gremlin stories

here in OZ we didnt have Gremlins but we did know about them

what with one door longer than the other

no good for right hand drive countries

the drivers door was on the wrong side

we did have the 258 six in the Rambler American

and the rambler Hornet

the big Rambler Matadore had V8s

any way all I can say is

Marsha Marsha Marsha

thanks John

Never trust a dog to hold a sandwich for you

Okay this is where my worlds collide. I grew up in American Motors home town. I could not begin to tell you how many Gremlins I saw every day. A friend of mine in high school had one that he dropped a 360 V8 into. It could carry the front wheels 15 - 20 feet. Okay, I have to admit to my trusted mustang friends that the 9 months out of the year that I couldn't drive the mach 1 ( snow,salt and insurance costs) I drove a 1975 brown Pacer. You know the fish bowls on wheels. I tell you though, those old AMCs always ran. That 258 inline 6 was a bullet proof motor. My father in-law drove a Gremlin with an Audi four cylinder in it. It was one of less than 100 they did as an experiment. Some of the AMC stories I could share.
Got anything on the 1967 Rogue withe a 343 CID engine? Chuck

Had a orange Gremlin X V8 car - briefly. All I remember was the auto trans would light up the 50 series tires and the driver's window door frame was busted, so the door wouldn't shut right. Drove like a truck.

It was sold off pretty quick...

Ray

Never had a Gremlin but saw one the other day all restomodded up going down the interstate. I admit it looked cool. If I had my camera I would have taken a pic for Roy.

Here's an insane Gremlin.

It's my friend's boss's.

The picture is from the 2006 World Power Wheelstanding Championships at Byron Dragway.

ccrp_0603_16_z+burnout_and_wheelie_spectacular+.jpg

I remember when I was around 17 my dad was thinking of an extra car.....he offered a Gremlin....I said no thanks...in the end I don't know if waiting was the good thing as he found a Merc Bobcat for mom and me to share.:s

Back