plastic fender to cowl filler panel trim information

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
Anyone have part numbers or any information on the black plastic fender to cowl filler panel trim pieces? Its attaches to the upper inner edge of the fender where the fender meets the A pillar and cowl. Part number? Are they interchangeable with the cougar? I have one from a cougar but I don't have one from a Mustang to match it up. The Cougar one does not have a part number on it. Did Ford only use them in 71? Anything else?

Anyone have part numbers or any information on the black plastic fender to cowl filler panel trim pieces? Its attaches to the upper inner edge of the fender where the fender meets the A pillar and cowl. Part number? Are they interchangeable with the cougar? I have one from a cougar but I don't have one from a Mustang to match it up. The Cougar one does not have a part number on it. Did Ford only use them in 71? Anything else?

We’ve had this discussion before bc mine came with the but were misplaced during the build. I believe Don told me it was discontinued after 71. Would love to find them to finish my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve had this discussion before bc mine came with the but were misplaced during the build. I believe Don told me it was discontinued after 71. Would love to find them to finish my build.

I am a bit unclear about which part you are referring to. 

Is this what you need the number for?

mach1000, if referring to the shield as shown in rackerm's illustration, that is the fender splash shield. They are different on the Cougar. Right rear is D1ZZ-16102-B (ID# D1ZB-16B568-AA,AC) Left rear is D1ZZ-16103-B (D1ZB-16B569-AA,AC).

There was also a small plastic piece at the upper rear of the fender Ford called a "Front Fender Filler". They were only installed in production up to 6/1/71, after that date they were no longer used. The 71 Cougar also used the same piece, but they can be a difficult find since a lot of them have deteriorated over time, and were not installed for the entire production run.  Part number for the right side is D1ZZ-16570-A (ID# D1ZB-16570-AA,AB,AE) Left side D1ZZ-16571-A (ID# D1ZB-16571-AA,AB,AE).

If this is not what you are looking for just let us know and I'm sure one of us can come up with something!

16570-1_LI.jpg

mach1000, if referring to the shield as shown in rackerm's illustration, that is the fender splash shield. They are different on the Cougar. Right rear is D1ZZ-16102-B (ID# D1ZB-16B568-AA,AC) Left rear is D1ZZ-16103-B (D1ZB-16B569-AA,AC).

There was also a small plastic piece at the upper rear of the fender Ford called a "Front Fender Filler". They were only installed in production up to 6/1/71, after that date they were no longer used. The 71 Cougar also used the same piece, but they can be a difficult find since a lot of them have deteriorated over time, and were not installed for the entire production run.  Part number for the right side is D1ZZ-16570-A (ID# D1ZB-16570-AA,AB,AE) Left side D1ZZ-16571-A (ID# D1ZB-16571-AA,AB,AE).

If this is not what you are looking for just let us know and I'm sure one of us can come up with something!

We’re on the same page. You can see it in my tear down photo. Somehow they were missing after I put the car back together.

7a794535ba7fe3a8470aeb6ee666a4bf.jpg

Do you mean this part?:

Ford Mustang rear of top front fender plastic filler trim molding.png

Do you mean this part?:
I was not referring to the splash shields. Those are pretty easy to come by and have the part number on them.

The part eddyw included is what Im referring to. It fits onto the underside of the rear of the upper fender where the top lip meets the cowl area. Thanks for the information so far. Any other info that anyone has would be appreciated.

Really slow, sadly, Wife decided she wanted work doing on the house which I had to do :(  Im still trying to do the floor pans.   I will update the restro thread.
 Happy wife, happy life.......... yeah I just did a complete kitchen gut and rebuild. I feel your pain man!

Back