TMI 1-Piece Headliner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asusnz

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 351C 2V FMX
I'm wondering if anybody has installed the TMI 1-Piece Headliner yet?

http://www.tmiproducts.com/mustang/browse-by-vehicle/classic-1964-1973/1971-73/1971-73-mustang-sportsroof-1-piece-headliner-corinthian-vinyl.html

Apparently this upgrade gives an extra couple of inches in headroom plus can be installed with or without the front/rear glass looks VERY appealing.

Be interested to see pictures of one installed in a 71-73.
I believe that they installed one on the Mach 1 on the Wheelers Dealers show this year.  I think it was the first episode and there is a brief scene in the show where they comment on it and you get a quick look at it.  I could be wrong but...

Good luck, I'm curious how they look up close too.

Scott

I am also very interested in finding more information on this Headliner.

I asked the company for more information with no luck, I will try again as I

wish to upgrade my interior of my restomod.

Melfunctions

Too bad they don’t have the one piece for a coupe. I’d be willing to try it if they did. Have been trying to decide what to do with my headliner. It is rough. Holes, sags.

Too bad they don’t have the one piece for a coupe. I’d be willing to try it if they did. Have been trying to decide what to do with my headliner. It is rough. Holes, sags.
73pony,

I am hoping they will have one for the coupe also.

One piece headliner is surely nice. But in case you want fix your coupe headliner, its a very simple sewing job, you don't need any experience or talent at all. its a matter of cutting rectangles of whatever material you like as large as the car and the in between arch spaces + like 1 inch, lay them together and sew straight 1/2 inch inside to the other side in one go with an extra piece to go around the bars/arch. 1 hour work at most if you really take your time.

If you'd want a so called french seam, you'd need be careful go straight and parallel between sewing pass, but even that can be done easy for the headliner by just clamping a piece of wood to the material to act as a guide. As you likely do not use thick/very though material, any regular sewing machine can be used.

i don't have larger picts in house, but you get the idea, here using thick cotton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupe has a few more inches of headroom than a sportsroof, so it's probably not really needed. At 6'3", my hair rubs on the headliner of my Mach, and I offset it to the highest holes on the driver's side when I installed it.

Coupe has a few more inches of headroom than a sportsroof, so it's probably not really needed. At 6'3", my hair rubs on the headliner of my Mach, and I offset it to the highest holes on the driver's side when I installed it.
I'm small, 1.73m and got only the remains of what was once called hair. These cars were tailor made for me :)

Back