A little garage upgrade

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
I guess it was time, after 28 years, tens of thousands of hours of run time, two motors and several pressure switches, it was time to upgrade. Looked at many compressors and came to the conclusion that anything in the $600 range was somewhat suspect for quality and longevity. Good single stages are going for $900~$1000 now, so I opted to go one step further and went for a dual stage Quincy. Bought it from Power Equipment Direct on eBay, with a $100 off coupon and some Ebay bucks, it came to $1200 shipped. Ordered it Saturday evening, shipped Monday, arrived on the dock at work on Friday!

Every part of this unit is Made in the USA, pressure switch and motor included. Specs are impressive and it is extremely quiet (as air compressors go). Here's to another 20+ years of run time!

Nice you will enjoy.

When I went to get mine I wanted an 80 gallon two stage and went to Lowe's. Had a horrible time bought at three different stores and when went to load something was wrong with each one. Finally at the fourth store got one that was right and they ended up giving it to me free. Best deal I ever got, lol.

David

Nice compressor you have there!!  I still got my old single stage $499.00 Coleman compressor.  Still running after 15 years!

Last edited by a moderator:
15.7 @ 90...nice

Made in the USA...sweet!

Could you post the model # for those of us in the market...been lookin' to upgrade for years!
Model # is 2V41C60VC

It's $1300 from just about everywhere. To be honest, it's overkill for most people, but the 175psi makes those air tools rock!

Back