• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Power stearing pressure line

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-strandet

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Covertible with 351C 2V
I Search a Pressure Line for my stearing pump that looks like that at zur Picture.

I often by at Rockauto, Summit and German Pages, but I can't find it. 

Greetings from Germany 

Christian  :)

32162567az.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
g-strandet, unfortunately Ford never released a service part number for that tube. (D1ZA-3E576-AC is a engineering ID# only) There were part numbers released for the nuts to be used when a tube was manufactured from bulk tubing. If you still have your damaged original tube you can use it as a template to manufacture a replacement tube and reuse the nuts. Ford listed 7 3/4" of 3/8" steel tubing to manufacture the tube.

You could check with Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply, Mike @ Motor City Mustang, or Rackerm, all who are Forum members here and have E-Bay stores and just may have some original tubes they can help you with. If those sources fall through you can click on the link below for West Coast Classic Cougars since the Cougar and Mustang used the same part. Good Luck with your search!

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/12950-Pressure-Line-Outlet-Tube-Assembly-Power-Steering-Used-1971-1973-Mercury-Cougar-/-1971-1973-Ford-Mustang.html?attribs=81

Thanks

Can someone tell me exactly how these fittings are called and what dimension they have? Since there are several inch threads and I have always had problems in the past with different inch threads :D

greetings

Christian

Christian, is the tube missing from your car or is it damaged? As Posted before, if damaged you can cut your original tube to reuse the nuts and use the OE tube as a template to bend a new one.

If missing all together then you have a different problem.  A service part was never released for this tube and the two fittings were discontinued years ago. This setup was only used from 71-73 on the Mustang/Cougar. The 65-70 and 74/ Mustangs had different power steering systems.

How readily available are non metric fittings and hardware in your area? The fitting that went to the pump is called a tube nut. ( the Ford part number 379429-S7-8 is just for reference) size: 5/8"-18  3/8"tube. The fitting to the pressure hose (Ford part number 87945-S36 for reference only) is called a Tube Connector Nut-Inverted. If you feel obtaining the fittings might be a problem It might be just as easy for you to purchase a used tube from this link:  https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/st...attribs=81

Last edited by a moderator:
I also am in need of the tube. Anyone have one for sale? WCCC does not have one at this time.

I also am in need of the tube. Anyone have one for sale? WCCC does not have one at this time.
I have one, I'll get a picture and PM you

Back