Got the car from a guy here in PA. he got it from Arizona. Been working on it for 5 years now. Before and after photos.

That is cool. My car was bucked one day before yours and sold from the same DSO a couple weeks apart and still lives here, and it is a coupe body style. Have also been working on this car for almost 4 years.

mike

spacer.png

Very Nice!!! What rims are those ....they look great!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Looks nice. Also looked like a clean car to start with, congrats and good job!

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Got the car from a guy here in PA. he got it from Arizona. Been working on it for 5 years now. Before and after photos.

That is cool. My car was bucked one day before yours and sold from the same DSO a couple weeks apart and still lives here, and it is a coupe body style. Have also been working on this car for almost 4 years.

mike

That's neat your two cars are that close together. I keep looking at VIN's to see if I can find the one just before or after mine (if it is even a Mustang)!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I keep looking at VIN's to see if I can find the one just before or after mine (if it is even a Mustang)!

Pardon my ignorance, but Ford/Mercury didn't have different VINs for their different product lines? Was this limited to Mustangs and Cougars sharing VINs, or were there more?

Hijack over.

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Some Bullets with tires I found on E-Bay, took a while too find the right backspacing.

10eijwj.png

Some Bullets with tires I found on E-Bay, took a while too find the right backspacing.

By "rims" do you mean hubcaps? Same ones that came with my car.

mike

spacer.png

I keep looking at VIN's to see if I can find the one just before or after mine (if it is even a Mustang)!

Pardon my ignorance, but Ford/Mercury didn't have different VINs for their different product lines? Was this limited to Mustangs and Cougars sharing VINs, or were there more?

Hijack over.

I'm not the expert, but I remember reading somewhere online that the VIN's were not grouped by car model, one number could be a Mustang and the next sequential number could be a Torino, Pinto, or whatever. If I run accross the info I will start a new thread.

Hijack over and out!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Hijack over.

I'm not the expert, but I remember reading somewhere online that the VIN's were not grouped by car model, one number could be a Mustang and the next sequential number could be a Torino, Pinto, or whatever. If I run accross the info I will start a new thread.

Hijack over and out!

You are 100% correct it was whatever rolled down the line in consecutive order. Starting Serial Numbers -1970 Passenger Cars. 100001 -Ford, Fairlane, Falcon, Mustang,. Thunderbird, Maverick.