71 Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the car from a guy here in PA. he got it from Arizona. Been working on it for 5 years now. Before and after photos.
That is cool. My car was bucked one day before yours and sold from the same DSO a couple weeks apart and still lives here, and it is a coupe body style. Have also been working on this car for almost 4 years.

mike

Got the car from a guy here in PA. he got it from Arizona. Been working on it for 5 years now. Before and after photos.
That is cool. My car was bucked one day before yours and sold from the same DSO a couple weeks apart and still lives here, and it is a coupe body style. Have also been working on this car for almost 4 years.

mike
That's neat your two cars are that close together. I keep looking at VIN's to see if I can find the one just before or after mine (if it is even a Mustang)!

I keep looking at VIN's to see if I can find the one just before or after mine (if it is even a Mustang)!
Pardon my ignorance, but Ford/Mercury didn't have different VINs for their different product lines? Was this limited to Mustangs and Cougars sharing VINs, or were there more?

Hijack over.

I keep looking at VIN's to see if I can find the one just before or after mine (if it is even a Mustang)!
Pardon my ignorance, but Ford/Mercury didn't have different VINs for their different product lines? Was this limited to Mustangs and Cougars sharing VINs, or were there more?

Hijack over.
I'm not the expert, but I remember reading somewhere online that the VIN's were not grouped by car model, one number could be a Mustang and the next sequential number could be a Torino, Pinto, or whatever. If I run accross the info I will start a new thread.

Hijack over and out!

Hijack over.
I'm not the expert, but I remember reading somewhere online that the VIN's were not grouped by car model, one number could be a Mustang and the next sequential number could be a Torino, Pinto, or whatever. If I run accross the info I will start a new thread.

Hijack over and out!
You are 100% correct it was whatever rolled down the line in consecutive order. Starting Serial Numbers -1970 Passenger Cars. 100001 -Ford, Fairlane, Falcon, Mustang,. Thunderbird, Maverick.

Back