71 Convertible For Sale 26 K Miles 302

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The General

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach I (Wrecked & Sold)
72 Q Convertible (The General)
Saw this locally for sale,  I would be willing to look at it if someone was interested, however a little too high for me.  

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1971-mustang-convertible-all/6545260087.html 

00Q0Q_20e7PenLQdV_600x450.jpg

I’m confused. I thought factory a/c was unavailable in 71 convertibles. Am I incorrect.

AC was an available option on all 71-73 Mustangs except the 71-73 250 6cyl with 3sp manual, 71-72 "R" code and 71 429 SCJ performance engines. Never got a reason for the 250 with m/t, but engineers were concerned about the York and Tecumseh compressors not being able to withstand the extreme RPM loads they would be subjected to in the R and SCJ cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m confused. I thought factory a/c was unavailable in 71 convertibles. Am I incorrect.
Secluff is correct.  But A/C on 71-3 convertibles is a pretty rare option.

Also those seats aren’t knitted vinyl,required in verts, so this isn’t an original seat.
Deluxe interior did not become standard equipment until the 1972 model year.

Also those seats aren’t knitted vinyl,required in verts, so this isn’t an original seat.
The seats are actually correct for 1971 . The door panels are also different in a 1971 convertible
1971 convertibles received the standard (non-deluxe) interior unless ordered otherwise.  This car has the correct standard interior for 1971 - vinyl seats and standard door panels.

Appears to be a very nice original car.  Would prefer to see the tailpipe turning down but that is easily fixed.

Would like to see the Marti.

Ray

Well shoot! Guess I’d better go back to the Mustang Facts and read it again! I have the Decor pkg and have the knitted vinyl seats. And no air! Lol. Oh wait, I have 4/60 air! Or I guess it would technically be 5/60 since I can put down the top. Thanks for the info boys. I’ll take another look

Couldn't resist chiming in on this one. Somebody's been watching waaaay toooo much TV!!

If Kevken1959 couldn't get under 30K for the Bright Lime vert on EPay, this guy has no chance, but I wish him luck.

Couldn't resist chiming in on this one. Somebody's been watching waaaay toooo much TV!!

If Kevken1959 couldn't get under 30K for the Bright Lime vert on EPay, this guy has no chance, but I wish him luck.
::thumb::

My experience with my 73 listed in Hemmings since end of January is probably the same as Kevken1959.  Interest has been minimal with most inquiries wanting to chop $8K off the asking price just to start.   I've actually recommended in discussion with a few folks if they want a top concours show car, they should check his cars out.

Well shoot! Guess I’d better go back to the Mustang Facts and read it again! I have the Decor pkg and have the knitted vinyl seats. And no air! Lol. Oh wait, I have 4/60 air! Or I guess it would technically be 5/60 since I can put down the top.  Thanks for the info boys. I’ll take another look
Don't forget the two floor air vents that you can open too, better make it 7/60!  ;)

Hi All. I just read this thread. I want to thank those that gave me some praise and positive comments for my 72 Bright Lime vert. It's still for sale. I doubt I'll come down any when or if I relist it. I have to agree with others about the current market conditions. It's crazy. I had an identical car back around 2000 that was not nearly as clean. It had a new paint job but was disassembled. My old friend Mickey Graphia (past owner of many Shelbys and a couple 71 429 verts) bought it and an incredible 71 special order color M code vert with every option including factory Ram Air in a package deal. I figured I got about $17K for the Lime 72. It appeared back on the market after Mickey finished putting it back together for $32K! That was back in 2000. That was a nice car, but this 72 is much cleaner and has never had any rust or collision damage. It's not perfect, and the engine bay and undercarriage are not as detailed as most of the cars I have done, but it is a true survivor with only a paint job, new top, and a cosmetic resto. At this price, I think it is a very good deal. Check out the pics of the floors after I removed the carpet. Just gorgeous. All three build sheets were there. And it still has its' original "born with" exhaust system, coil, and voltage regulator. WOW!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132549763090?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

There is a his and her package for sale in Ohio too. Mach 1 and Convertible they want $50k for the pair. Found them on Facebook Marketplace.

Back