• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 tilt steering column

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

When you were over I would have let you take the one out of my Boss !! (Didn't think it was correct)

Got the Marti report and it shows Tilt Steering Wheel . Has to stay now !LOL

I was looking for one as well for my 73 vert.

Is there another model Ford that would be the same as Mustang.

Example......Maverick, LTD, T bird...ect
There are some besides cougar. Watch the tilt column repair video on the West Coast cougar site. He tells you what to look for at the end.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/71...attribs=81

I ended up with 4 cars that have tilt. The 71 & 72 are same 73 is different. The turn signal wiring and plugs are different. I do have one spare for 71-72 and one spare for 73 I gathered over the years.

When looking be sure that none of the casings in the tilt mechanism are cracked or broke or they are just a parts column. Also you need the plate that bolts to the floor. I am not sure on the coupling for the steering box it might also be different.

I might sell my spares if I do will put up for highest bid for sure. WCCC is always high on anything he has and does not want to pay anything for parts you sell him. I guess that is how you stay in business.

Be careful on ebay I see some that are really bad go through. I do have some spare pieces also.

BTW the turn signal switch is also different but available.

David

Back