Grande Pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerbillz

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang
Hey all you Grande owners.. 

Post up some pics!... Lets show some Grande love!

This started off as a 302 2V - 3 Speed Grande

Original Color, but now a BBF, C6, 4:11 Traction Lok

472 CID (429 + 460 Crank + .060 bore), Edelbrock Performer RPM Cam, Intake, 850CFM Holley

~BT

@SoonerbillZ

Oops sry m8 ;)

Looks like you started a long journey! Tho, I know from experience that removing just a bit of rust or a lot means in the end the same amount of paint :)

That's what I keep saying to myself, while I just started work on my 71 :)

Gonna take some pictures of paper picts of my Grandé when I got it. So you see nothing can stop you make your dream car real.

@73pony

When I see the space you got to work on your car.... oooh that must be so nice to work like this!

The Grandé is gorgeous!

@SoonerbillZ

Oops sry m8 ;)

Looks like you started a long journey! Tho, I know from experience that removing just a bit of rust or a lot means in the end the same amount of paint :)

Gonna take some pictures of paper picts of my Grandé when I got it. So you see nothing can stop you make your dream car real.

@73pony

When I see the space you got to work on your car....  oooh that must be so nice to work like this!

The Grandé is gorgeous!
Thanks. And lets just say my wife was not to happy having to park outside while that was going on. Will have that problem solved here in a little over a week though. Moved last week and I am putting up a 40x40 shop in the back yard. We are starting framing this Friday. Should have it all closed in by Sunday, then my baby can come see her new home.

I have had this Grande for a couple of months now but I not done a thing to it.

I had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago and will be out of commission for bit... also I don't want to do anything to the car until my new dedicated shop is finished.

Then I will dismantle, document and store all the parts. At that point the restoration will begin .. It's going to take a few years to complete..

@SoonerbillZ

Oops sry m8 ;)

@73pony

When I see the space you got to work on your car....  oooh that must be so nice to work like this!

The Grandé is gorgeous!

Somebody said " Post Grandé pictures"?

Beautiful car!

Here is my 1973 Grande. Took 5-1/2 years to get it to this point. Pretty much a total restoration, took down to the bare shell. Insulated the roof yesterday. Still need to put headliner, carpet, seats, seatbelts, center console, door panels, front and rear windshields in. Align the side glass once roof rail is in. Body still need to finish installing side trim, buffing paint/clear coat. Get new tires and the front end aligned. Ready for a good shake down drive. I have owned car for 17 years, was my mothers daily driver from 1979 until she gave me the car in December 2000. 

This is my first Mustang I bought 6 years ago.

I want to sell it now, cause I have the Mach 1 restoration to continue ( 73 Mach 1 Q code), and also another car should come into my garage in a few weeks (73 as well).

Ok not a Grand'e owner but took this picture at Mustang junk yard. Is the short vinyl roof more rare? Marti's book does not break that option down just vinyl roof. Or is this just a coupe with 1/2 vinyl roof??

About a month ago I went to Atlanta to purchase one and he sold before I got there and he knew I was coming to get it.

David

account deletion page

My 'almost' first Mustang back in the day (1986) was a '73 Grande.  God, I wanted that car BAD!!  It was the pea green color, jacked up with Cragars on it.  I thought that was just about the hottest setup ever!  I'd dream about getting that car at night, and all the stuff I was gonna do with it!

I took my Dad over there with me to look at it.  It was on consignment at some flea-bag car joint.  The guy wanted $800 bucks for it.  My dad offered $600.  We got the 'ol song and dance from this dealer about having to call the owner, he lives in Detroit, blah blah blah.  Waited a few days with no callback, drive by and the place and car was gone!  God I was MAD!!

Dad and I also looked at a couple of Mach 1's, but never got any of those either.  The common denominator each time was my Dad trying to haggle and make the shrewd deal!  So I never got to own a 71-73 back in the day even though I wanted one more than anything.  Looking back, it's probably a good thing.  I just would have trashed it and sold it anyhow. (stupid kid)  But I never forgot about it, never let it go, AND it took an additional 31 years, but I finally got my car!  I lost my Dad in 2015 and I really wish I could have been able to share the moment with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back