New member from Southern California

veerdena

Hello everyone. My name is Veronica and I'm from Los Angeles. I've come across this site many times and I finally decided to register. I have a 1971 convertible, which I've owed for 22 years. Long story short, she's been sitting for about 17 years (in the elements). I'm working on getting her up and running again, and hope to share the progress.

Welcome to the Forum from North Carolina. You have came to the right place for sure but as always we require pictures of your project. Lots of info, parts and help here so just ask. I have two 73 verts and three 72 verts two of which are parts cars. Tell us more about yours???

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Would love to see picts of the lady (the 71)

Welcome from the Netherlands!

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Welcome from Iowa!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome Verdeena from Southwestern Indiana. You have joined a great group of enthusiasts for the 71-73 stangs. You can get all the information and advice you need to get your stang up and running like a new one. Great to have you aboard.

1 goldcjmach

Hello and Welcome from upstate Cali.

Ya got some work to do on your rig but it will be worth it in the end.

Bru

Welcome from Amsterdam, The Netherlands! Looks like you got yourself quite the project, have fun! :-)

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Decide the direction you want to go - original or modified - then evaluate what is needed for your car. Marti Auto Works can provide documentation on how your car was equipped when new if this interests you. If your car has the original driver's door, the data tag on the jam can tell a lot too.

https://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm

Lots of great folks on here that can help you along the way. Just ask.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome from Virginia. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Thank you all for the kind welcome.  The car is currently in the shop for mechanical repairs. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I sought the assistance of a professional. I will do the restoration of the interior and anything else (like grille replacement, etc.).

Here's a brief history of the car. My dad purchased it in the early 90's for about $900. He said that when he bought it, it had a 351 engine and he replaced it with a 302. According to Marti, mine originally came with a 302.  I plan on keeping it as "original" as possible, but I do have a few changes in mind. As a teen, I didn't like the white top/interior, so we purchased a black top but never installed it.  The top has been in storage and I plan on having it installed.  Ideally, I'd like to change the interior to black as well.  Also, I don't know what I did wih the original radio, but I plan on installing one of those radios that look somewhat to the era, but has Bluetooth.

Heres a pic circa 1998

20180408_180444.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello from central Illinois.  Is the green on the inside of the drivers door the original color?  My older brother had a 71 coupe that green, it looked really good.  I like the white interior, I wish mine had it.  I just joined a few days ago.  Welcome!