71 conv 302 2V unknown parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1971V8

Reaction score
My Car
1971 convertible 302 2V
1999 Dodge Ram V10 longbed
Hi,

as my 71 conv was totally disassembled when purchsaing I found some unknown parts. my knowledge of parts is growing every day when studying all manuals and forums :)

be so kind and let me know whoever knows this (it also may be mixed up with 65/66 Mustang parts, as my seller mixed up many parts)

1st step is one photo of all parts- if photos are to be uploaded in higher resolution please let me know

thank you in advance  :)

Wolfgang

Me being the computer dummy I am could not get the pictures to get bigger.

I know that the #7 is a tie down shipping bracket for single exhaust. There was a sticker behind the rear license plate that told the dealer to remove them so finding them is a great thing most got tossed. If you have a show car keeps the tie downs off the restored parts. The dual exhaust was much longer to clear the pipe. I have see the first part but cannot blow up to see it better.

Score on the tie down bracket.

btw I just tore down a parts car during winter so I saw all the parts for a vert, 72. It took 30 hours for entire car.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
1a & b I recognize them, but can't place them. I am thinking they attache to the top near the window belt line. I'll find a picture for the position

2. Door glass window guides. They attach to the inside of the door frame to hold the door glass in place. Bolt hole for one near the top center of the door frame.

7 the larger type rear tie down. Attached to frame rail between tailpipe and leaf spring.

11 Rear interior quarter panel bracket. Attaches to the front near the door jamb. see picture for the position

12 I believe is the bracket that holds the convertible roof frame to the car and the hydraulic

Last edited by a moderator:
1a & b I recognize them, but can't place them. I am thinking they attache to the top near the window belt line. I'll find a picture for the position

2. Door glass window guides. They attach to the inside of the door frame to hold the door glass in place. Bolt hole for one near the top center of the door frame.

7 the larger type rear tie down. Attached to frame rail between tailpipe and leaf spring.

11 Rear interior quarter panel bracket. Attaches to the front near the door jamb. see picture for the position

12 I believe is the bracket that holds the convertible roof frame to the car and the hydraulic

thanks a lot !

1a,b and 2:

do you know how to repair rubber and textile coating

Thank you very much for all posts- very helpful!!

I have some more parts that may be mixed up with parts from a 65 fastback. who knows if these parts have to be used for my 71 vert

thanks a lot

Wolfgang

IMG_0665-1.jpegIMG_0668.jpegIMG_0670.jpegIMG_0669.jpeg

The wider curved pieces are the tack strips that you staple the convertible top to and then they go around the back in the rain gutter to attach the top to the body. The rods are probably out of the pockets that keep the top from flapping when going down the road. Not sure on them might he out of headliner in a hard top car. I can look later today.

Hi David, the tack strips on the back side for my 71 vert I have already and that are 3 pieces. I guess the 5 black pieces have other purpose. the listing "flopper stoppers" are mounted in bow 2 and 3 from the 71 vert and therefore you might be right these 3 pieces are headliner of the 65 fastback

btw see attached 2 more unknown parts... 

thank you

Wolfgang

IMG_0673.JPG

I have the same 2 parts in your last pic. They are for my vert. I hope to be getting a parts car in the next week that will clue me in. I took my car apart 25 yrs ago

Back