Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdM

Reaction score
Between the Texas Hill Country and North Idaho
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code, a 427 Dart based Windsor, Pro Flo 4, Tremec 5 speed, A/C, 12.7:1 steering conversion, SoT coil over and Dakota Digital dash.
I will soon have a set of JBA long tubes arriving for my 427 Windsor that will land in my '73 Mach 1 Q code. Has anyone used the subject header bolts? Thoughts or proven alternatives appreciated. I will be using Remflex gaskets. I tried a search to no avail.

I do not know them, Stage 8? I use the normal 12 point header bolts but I do put never seize on them so they do not lock up over time.

David
868-4918.jpg

To me they look like a royal pain to hold the retainers in place and then install the c-clips, especially under the master cylinder and booster. I've never had a problem with headers, just need to re-torque them a couple of times. I believe that anti-sieze actually helps to keep them from backing out by absorbing some of the vibrations.

I used them on my 460. Originally I had ARP 12pt bolts that I was having to retorque from time to time. Installed the Stage 8 bolts in 2004 and haven't touched them since. I would definitely recommend them.

Those stainless steel stage 8 header bolts were the only set that worked for my Hooker Headers. I've tried a few others before but there's so little room to get a wrench or socket on it.

Back