Who has Tool OCD besides me?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Any of you wrench wranglers have tool OCD like me?  I spend as much time straightening and organizing my tools as I do working in the shop, LOL! 

Lets see your setups!

lol, you have more in the tool box than the car.

I was never big on needing all the tools. I was a tool & die maker and had 3 Kennedy boxes full of shop tools and cutters and taps.

I can take anything apart but do not have all the fancy tools.

Now if you go to my gun safes that is different story. I like Winchesters and have the following Model 70's, .458 Win. Mag., 325 Short Mag., 300 Short Mag., 270 Short Mag., 25 Win. Super Short Mag., two .223 Win. Super Short Mag., .300 Win. Mag. Winchester .22 pump, Winchester .22 Single shot, Marlin .22 semi auto, Thompson .50 cal., Winchester .50 cal, .17 HMR bolt action, Moseburg 12 Ga. pump, Iver Johnson .410 single shot and some others, lol. Sad thing is I haven't shot any in 3 years always too busy when you retire.

David

lol, you have more in the tool box than the car.

I was never big on needing all the tools. I was a tool & die maker and had 3 Kennedy boxes full of shop tools and cutters and taps.

I can take anything apart but do not have all the fancy tools.

Now if you go to my gun safes that is different story. I like Winchesters and have the following Model 70's, .458 Win. Mag., 325 Short Mag., 300 Short Mag., 270 Short Mag., 25 Win. Super Short Mag., two .223 Win. Super Short Mag., .300 Win. Mag. Winchester .22 pump, Winchester .22 Single shot, Marlin .22 semi auto, Thompson .50 cal., Winchester .50 cal, .17 HMR bolt action, Moseburg 12 Ga. pump, Iver Johnson .410 single shot and some others, lol. Sad thing is I haven't shot any in 3 years always too busy when you retire.

David
I too am a Winchester fan but of the Model 12 variety. I shoot trap and sproting clays.  I use a Model 12 with a 30" barrel Modified choke 12 gauge made in 1958  for sporting clays and a full choke 30" barrel Model 12 12 gauge Y model made in 1973 for trap shooting. Great tough guns. I get my balls busted for not using a semi auto or  an O/U for sporting clays but I do well with a pump. I have an absurd amount of tools. I started buying tools when I was 13 and work as a mechanic which causes excess by neccessity. At this point I am pretty much done adding to the collection except for some weird specialty stuff down the road

Ron

I keep my tool drawers organized, but not OCD. It's funny, I keep the tools organized but my work benches not so much. I was the same way with my desks, drawers organized but not the tops.

We would get emails that we were getting an important visitor, or client, please clean up our offices. So, I posted a sign similar to this on my door.

I use the tools, clean them and put them back in their places!  Trying to train the kids to do the same but it is tough, LOL!

Any of you wrench wranglers have tool OCD like me?  I spend as much time straightening and organizing my tools as I do working in the shop, LOL! 

Lets see your setups!

You will not lose your tools with your method or at least you will know when things are missing. Ron

I use the tools, clean them and put them back in their places!  Trying to train the kids to do the same but it is tough, LOL!
Just wondering, do you use a straight edge, or just eyeball them?  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to keep mine tidy but not OCD at all and enjoy the challenge of where the hell did I put that wrench!

At least getting older I have an excuse for an occasional memory lapse

Back