Rochester fuel filter part number

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 429
1972 Mustang Convertible 302
Does anyone know a part number for a Rochester carb fuel filter?  Also wondering if anyone has a picture of the fuel filter assembly as well.

Thanks!

Mark, I believe the Rochester's on GM cars ran a small pleated paper filter. The Ford Rochester's ran a screw on filter much like found on other Ford products. Was originally released for the 69 Boss 429 and then was used on 71 Police Interceptor, 70-71 CJ and Holly equipped SCJ's. Original Ford # is C9AZ-9155-A (Motorcraft FG-39) replaced by C9AZ-9155-B (Motorcraft FG-39-A). With only a three year utilization and slow sales, the filters were discontinued by 1987 . Since people who deal in NOS parts know this filter also fits the Boss 429, you'll only find insane prices if you do find the Ford filter.

When I can't use a Ford/Motorcraft filter for what ever reason I like to use Wix filters. Wix has the Ford contract most of the time to manufacture filters to Ford specifications. The Wix number is 33019. If not the brand of your choice you can have your favorite parts store to cross the Ford/Motorcraft or Wix numbers.

Carb illustration is the "Ford" Rochester with the screw on filter. Autolite box shown with FG-39(A) filter. Two loose filters are the Wix #33019.

Hope this helps with what you were looking for Mark.

9510.jpg

FG39.jpg

33019.gif

Back