• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rear Qtr Window Crank Parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I'm thinking of converting my rear windows to wind-downs (per 72H-Code's wiki). Anyone have the parts they'd be willing to part with, or know where I can get them?

Thanks!
Front parts are available but a rear part could be tough. Check the online stores. If you can't find them new(repro) some of the stores have access to used OEM parts. Don at OMS has always been a good source of quality used OEM parts, especially hard to find stuff. Even if you can find a repro, nothing quite fits like OEM.

mike

Yes Steve... Start with Don from OMS that if he doesnt have them, he can tell you how you can get them...

I remember some months ago, we had a thread about this particular thing... I dont remember the detail but i think some of the guys told us that the Grande system with some minor mods worked.... I´m not sure but maybe you can search the threads for that... Also remember about having to drill some holes somewhere to place correcly the stops...

Mmmm check Flatback72 (the photoshop KING :) ) I think he was the one that made this modification on his car...

Hope it helps! :)

Ah, I just realized that flatback72 posted that Wiki. Sorry flatback! Too many 72's here, can't keep us all straight!

Yes Steve... Start with Don from OMS that if he doesnt have them, he can tell you how you can get them...

I remember some months ago, we had a thread about this particular thing... I dont remember the detail but i think some of the guys told us that the Grande system with some minor mods worked.... I´m not sure but maybe you can search the threads for that... Also remember about having to drill some holes somewhere to place correcly the stops...

Mmmm check Flatback72 (the photoshop KING :) ) I think he was the one that made this modification on his car...

Yeah Damian, you're 100% right it was flatback72!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I just realized that flatback72 posted that Wiki. Sorry flatback! Too many 72's here, can't keep us all straight!

Yeah Damian, you're 100% right it was flatback72!
It's a very easy modification if you can find the parts Steve; the only drilling required is through the inside plastic quarter panel for the window crank (I only think more comprehensive mods would be needed if you were trying to fit power rear windows). Everything else just bolts straight into the holes already provided by the obliging Ford factory. I know you can buy the window winder mech, the crank handles and the rollers as new parts, but the window clamp plate and sliding rail plate you'd need to find second hand.

As I said in my wiki, I was lucky enough to find a bloke in the States on eBay selling the whole kit and kaboodle as one sale. Before that though I did see all the parts come up as individual items on eBay, so there would be the best place to look for the parts to buy singly until you've got everything you need.

Apart from the crank handle screws, the photo's in the Wiki show everything you need to buy, so if you get everything shown in the pics you can be confident that you won't get halfway through the job and find you are missing something. Only problem you might have getting parts off eBay is that so far the Wiki has 650 hits so there might be a bit of competition out there for the bits at the moment :s

Apart from the modification looking really cool, having the front and rear window down at the same time stops the wind blowing straight into the side of your face which make summertime driving even more enjoyable :cool:

Steve found and will include a set of handles

You will need new knobs, cover discs and screws

Don

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

VISIT US ON THE WEB AT

www.ohiomustang.com

Back