Mach 1 grille

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
She is named Victoria and sports a 302 with a C4.
Ok, this may be a long shot, and I am pretty sure I know the answer, but will ask the question anyway with hopes of seeking infinite wisdom from the galaxy (you guys). 1971 and 1972 Mach 1's had the option to come with the grille that was a bit more shallow than the stock one and that had sport lamps in it. My question is did they offer this grille without sport lamps? If so, does anyone know where I can get one. My factory grille on my Grande was cracked to hell, so I ended up cutting out the center portion of it. Any insight into this is much appreciated!

71_resurrection, Really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your fear is correct. There were only two grills used for 71-72 Mustangs. The standard such as used on your Grande and the Mach1 style grill. There were some special edition Mustangs that used the Mach 1 grill that was also standard on the Boss 351. There was not a version of the Mach 1 style grill that did not have the sport lamps. It does sound like a good ideal to have a lamp less sport grill, as that would have made the one with lamps more of an exclusive grill to the Mach1.

If in the market for a new grill, I would contact Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply. He could probably also give you a pretty good ideal of what you would be facing if you wanted to convert your grill to the Mach 1 style!

Back