73 Mustang Convertible Q code 4 speed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have seen this one on Ebay before. If interested it needs to be looked at very carefully by someone that knows the cars. Lots of details are incorrect. Not much care taken when painted, screws in door latches are painted so painted together. Probably lots of hidden sins.

Air cleaner lid is wrong and decal for 73 did not say CJ only 351 4-V. Of course the gas cap is 71 and what is up with the brake booster? Not a restored car for sure so be careful. What is the price?

I lost internet and ability to get into the forum for a couple weeks.

David

I think I have seen this one on Ebay before. If interested it needs to be looked at very carefully by someone that knows the cars. Lots of details are incorrect. Not much care taken when painted, screws in door latches are painted so painted together. Probably lots of hidden sins.

Air cleaner lid is wrong and decal for 73 did not say CJ only 351 4-V. Of course the gas cap is 71 and what is up with the brake booster? Not a restored car for sure so be careful. What is the price?

David
David, if you are referring to the device on the shock tower to cowl brace, that appears to be a "Hang On" or accessory cruise control servo. Was a very popular dealer installed accessory for cars that were not offered with RPO cruise control. Most of the Ford units were supplied by Perfect Circle, Dana or Bendix.

Fortunately most of the things you pointed out can at least be changed without breaking the bank. Q code and 4 speed sounds like a nice start to a fun vert as long as that nice paint job is not hiding anything!   :)

Last edited by a moderator:

David

David. I do have all of the original valve covers, air cleaner cover, and gas cap, all easily converted back to stock. All of the mods, hood, stripes, etc were added to improve the appearance. It is a very original example that has been pampered its entire life and never disassembled. The price is negotiable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David
David, if you are referring to the device on the shock tower to cowl brace, that appears to be a "Hang On" or accessory cruise control servo. Was a very popular dealer installed accessory for cars that were not offered with RPO cruise control. Most of the Ford units were supplied by Perfect Circle, Dana or Bendix.

Fortunately most of the things you pointed out can at least be changed without breaking the bank. Q code and 4 speed sounds like a nice start to a fun vert as long as that nice paint job is not hiding anything!   :)

Thanks. I have more than 100 pictures documenting previous conditions along with prep and paint job proving the conditions before and under the new paint. Was going to leave it original paint but wanted to add stripes and hood

Nice car! Good luck with the sale! Are you selling the decor group side molding, which used to be on your car before the modification/repaint as well? If so .... I am interested...

Jeroen

Jerome,  thanks, I do have all of the decor side molding.  Send me an email and I will send you some pics. [email protected]

Email sent, thanks!

It is great that you took photos of the car as it was to show condition. I just see so many that get a skim coat of filler and sanded and painted and last about a year and the rust shows through.

As a point of reference on price. It was about a year and half ago that a very similar vert sold on Ebay. It brought $35,000 and came with NASA hood with stripe and side strips from the factory. It was also a Q 4 speed and also green. The big thing on it was that it had never been washed or in rain and was always kept in a plastic bag in climate control. The car was more or less perfect and I corresponded with the owner a couple times. It was in the third ownership at that time. It also had about every option. I did have to keep myself from bidding on it never seen one that well preserved.

I need to make a trip to Ford dealer near here he had a 73 vert that had never left the dealership might still be there.

I visited Daniel Carpenter about a month ago and he has a row of Fox body mustangs with most having single digit mileage. They all came from dealers that ordered them and just put them up. Several SVO and a 20 th. Ann car were in the group along with a Ford GT. They will move to the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum, in the winter.

While at the Mustang Owner's Museum event I was the only 71 - 73 car there and several wanted to buy it, lol. They are going to have the grand opening on Mustang Day next April at the Museum if members want to plan a trip for then. They will have a track day also that is a blast.

David

Back