New Member Grabber Blue Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f150tilt

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
CIMG0131.JPGI'm a new member from Wisconsin, I thought I was a member of this site but my registration must have been lost. My car is a 71 Mach 1, 351C-4v, C6. I bought it as a rust bucket and 4 years later have it almost done (Upholstry, stripes, accent paint and a bunch of small stuff). I did everything myself except rebuild the trans, front end alignment and a new windshield install. This is my first attempt at restoring a car, it is mostly stock and a driver.

Craig

Hey Craig!! something to do with Craiglist? :p je!!

Welcome from Montevideo, Uruguay and i salute you as another fella that does everything myself!! Great experiences arent they?? Each part has a little tweak! love that!!

Hope you enjoy being here and share the knowledge you have.... besides...

GREAR CAR!!

Welcome to the site Awesome looking car I'm in the middle of getting my 72 grabber blue back on the road.What size tires did you go with I'm just about to order some and yours looks like it sits nicely.Are you going to two tone it?

Welcome to the site! Great looking Mach 1; it looks like you did a great job! I'm sure there is a lot of satisfaction of doing most of of the restoration yourself.

Welcome Craig,

Very nice looking car and great job in the self restore.

I would love to see some of your history pictures for the last four years.
X2 in that wanting to listen to the history! ;)

I went with the kit from CJPony since I couldnt piece it together locally for even close to what they sell it for.

KIT W/ BFG RADIAL 225/60/15 & 275/60/15 TIRES

15"x7" & 15"x8" Magnum 500 Wheel Combination

I do have a very slight rub on the right rear when I have a passenger and hit one of those shallow dips on the highway or rough railroad tracks. I have the original springs with air shocks and it doesnt really mark the tire but is a scary sound when it happens. I should have trimmed the aftermarket quarter panel lip back just a little. I am going to attempt to roll the fender lip but would buy this set up again since I really like the stance.

I will work on getting some "before" photos posted and am looking for my Marti Report to post. I did get a window sticker, someone from Marti called me (may have been Kevin) asking if I wanted them to keep the prices blank since my car was produced before the prices were established and the dealer would have written them in by hand. I guess it was a early car for whatever that is worth.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Craig

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you and your Mustang aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome Craig.

Your Mach looks really nice. I kinda like it without the stripes.

It does have a good 'stance'.

Grabber Blue is definitely one of my favorite Ford colors.

I had a super clean 71 Ford pickup that color. It was a plain jane with 302 auto and rubber mats instead of carpet. While working at a local dealership, I bought it off the wholesale line as it was a trade-in by the original owner back in '88. Truck had super dull Grabber Blue paint that I buffed out. The used car sales manager wanted to buy it back after he saw it again!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back