429 c6

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemach1ford

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach1 with 429
I have basically fresh c6 came from my cleveland setup,switched to this 429 that came with one can a tranny guy switch the insides to another is this even worth it?or do i just rebuild the big block c6. also any body know where to find frame mounts, motor mounts are findable.really frustrated with this swap not much is the same,any advise would be great thanks guys love this site!!!!

You can change the insides of your small block c6 into a big block c6. A friend of mine that does trans work did that for me. Try CarQuest for the motor mounts. I got mine for my 460 from there.

Jim
cool that makes it alot better,was that frame mounts or are cleveland the same

No not much will fit from a Cleveland to a 460. I used a factory set up on my Mach 1 but the next one I do will have a set of fabricated mounts. Branda use to list a swap kit for 71-73 Mustangs but I don't see it anymore.

Andy

As you go through your swap, don't discount the FACT that the 1971 Mustang was available with a 429 and C6. You will be surprised at the parts you can find at the local "Parts Houses" when you tell them you are looking for the parts for that combination.

In replacing my 302 3-speed ('73 Grande) with a 472 (.060 460), I had minimal problems in finding parts using the above approach. Rarely, did I tell a "parts" person that I was working on a '73...it was usually that I was working on a '71. Believe me, that approach worked.

Just a suggestion:).

BT

so ive found the engine mounts no problem there but finding frame mounts ,thats tough any body seen them or can i modify the cleveland ons to fit the 429 motor mounts

Back