New guy in Virginia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73_2V

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible Deluxe interior 302 2V, C4, 8", 49k original miles, I'm the second owner
[url=https://ibb.co/mxyL5d][img]https://image.ibb.co/kR6Uyy/thumbnail_IMG_3975.jpg[/img][/url]
Hey everyone, I'm John, and I'm new to the 71-73 Mustang ownership. I bought my 73 convertible, 302-2V C4 8" off of Craigslist recently. The car was being sold by the estate of the original owner, who passed away. In it's 45 years of life it has been regularly maintained and driven, although not too much. It had 49,133 original miles when I bought it a month ago. It's a really nice car to start with and has zero rust! My buddy and I trailered it out of the garage, the original owner's son had the carb rebuilt but the car wouldn't run. Took it home, installed a new gas tank, fuel pump, a battery, and some GT9 wheels and Comp T/As and started driving it around, car hummed like a sewing machine. Now I've got the fever. This weekend is a long weekend for my buddy ad I, so I have a truckload of stuff to install. Dual exhaust, SSBC discs on all four, new carpet, new stereo & lots of speakers (& and some Q-form kick panels) to replace the single blown dashboard speaker, new steering wheel, new door carpet, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting I ordered. Two things do not work on the car, the AC and the clock. After these parts are installed, I plan on getting some horsepower in it with some Victor Jr heads, Edelbrock 600 carb, dual plane intake, cam, and rockers. I'm trying to decide on a ring and pinion, I'm thinking a 3.08 would work with the C4 and not scream on the highway. Last step will be to bump the dings out, paint it 2017 F-150 bright blue, and get a new bright white top installed. Hopefully the pictures load! I read somewhere but didn't find it that one of the members on here found a way to modify the parking brake to accomodate the Q-pods.... anyone have a link to the thread?

Welcome from Virginia too, looks really nice. I bought a low mileage 302 2v last year. I'm near the beach, but I see hills in your pics. If you ever want to compare notes or cruise feel free to hit me up

Howdy from (rust free) Phoenix! Yeah! That car looks good! What a find. And speaking of find.. you will get lots of support here. It's a great board. Lots of information and encouragement. More pics!

Hello and welcome from Germany.

Back