New guy in Virginia

73_2V

Hey everyone, I'm John, and I'm new to the 71-73 Mustang ownership. I bought my 73 convertible, 302-2V C4 8" off of Craigslist recently. The car was being sold by the estate of the original owner, who passed away. In it's 45 years of life it has been regularly maintained and driven, although not too much. It had 49,133 original miles when I bought it a month ago. It's a really nice car to start with and has zero rust! My buddy and I trailered it out of the garage, the original owner's son had the carb rebuilt but the car wouldn't run. Took it home, installed a new gas tank, fuel pump, a battery, and some GT9 wheels and Comp T/As and started driving it around, car hummed like a sewing machine. Now I've got the fever. This weekend is a long weekend for my buddy ad I, so I have a truckload of stuff to install. Dual exhaust, SSBC discs on all four, new carpet, new stereo & lots of speakers (& and some Q-form kick panels) to replace the single blown dashboard speaker, new steering wheel, new door carpet, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting I ordered. Two things do not work on the car, the AC and the clock. After these parts are installed, I plan on getting some horsepower in it with some Victor Jr heads, Edelbrock 600 carb, dual plane intake, cam, and rockers. I'm trying to decide on a ring and pinion, I'm thinking a 3.08 would work with the C4 and not scream on the highway. Last step will be to bump the dings out, paint it 2017 F-150 bright blue, and get a new bright white top installed. Hopefully the pictures load! I read somewhere but didn't find it that one of the members on here found a way to modify the parking brake to accomodate the Q-pods.... anyone have a link to the thread?

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

Welcome from Iowa. Nice ride!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Virginia too, looks really nice. I bought a low mileage 302 2v last year. I'm near the beach, but I see hills in your pics. If you ever want to compare notes or cruise feel free to hit me up

Welcome fro Delaware. Very nice car. Enjoy making all those mods.

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

Howdy from (rust free) Phoenix! Yeah! That car looks good! What a find. And speaking of find.. you will get lots of support here. It's a great board. Lots of information and encouragement. More pics!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Welcome from Northern Virginia! Looks like a nice find.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Very nice. Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...