G'Day from Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeglessOne

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 - 460
Hi Everyone,

Been lurking for a little while trying to learn stuff before I pick up my first Mustang.

It's a 73 Mach 1 which has had a 429 fitted to it. Was originally a 351 2V but was changed out before the local dealer imported it.

Here is a link for some pics. http://classicandamericanimports.com.au/1973-ford-mustang-mach/

At the moment is having adr approved seat belts fitted and should go through its Regency Park inspection for full rego next week. ( these are part of the requirements over here to get these old girls registered)

I've been like a kid on Christmas eve for the last couple of weeks waiting :D

Regards

Shane

Hello and welcome from Germany.

Hi Shane! Welcome from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

That is one sweet looking car, Christmas is early for you this year ;-)

I used to live in Blair Athol. Where abouts are you? My Mustang fever was ignited when I went to a show and shine in Adelaide while I was there, just can't remember where it was exactly (age thing ;-) )

Hi Shane! Welcome from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

That is one sweet looking car, Christmas is early for you this year ;-)

I used to live in Blair Athol. Where abouts are you? My Mustang fever was ignited when I went to a show and shine in Adelaide while I was there, just can't remember where it was exactly (age thing ;-) )
Hi Vinnie

Thanks for the welcome .I'm north of the city in Saddleworth.

Yeah Christmas has come early mate ::thumb::

G'day Shane, welcome from Western Australia

Nice Mach 1 you have got yourself, well done!

Interesting to see how you go with getting it registered in particular the lights and with the seat belts make sure you get the drop down links so you don't choke yourself!

My vehicle was originally imported into Adelaide and one of the many previous owners has changed the tail light lenses to an amber outer lens and plain red for the other two, also the rear side markers are just red reflectors. I've rewired it so the turn/reverse work together and the two inner lenses are stop/tail

Also the front side markers I've converted to turn signals. Not sure if it has to be this way but makes more sense for Aussie conditions.

Anyway enjoy your new ride, cheers Mick

Thanks for the welcome everyone:)

OzCoupe72 - the dealer/importer is looking after all of that. The deal includes him getting it through a Regency Park inspection for full rego. The seat belts are being installed by a crowd who also supply the engineering certification for the install, so hopefully everything will be good.

That's the main reason I paid a bit extra for a dealer car - all the head aches are his.

Shane

Hi Shane,

Welcome from Brisbane, Australia.

Congrats on the new purchase. She looks like a lovely car indeed. The Forum is great, and is a wealth of info as well.

Hope it all works out well for you. Interestingly enough, i just sold my '73 Mach 1 last year to a guy down in Newcastle. It was a ripper of a car as well.

I just imported a '71 Dodge Challenger convertible into Brisbane from New York, so i can relate to you going through the whole import thing  as well.

PM me if you want to catch up and say hi and a chat at some stage.

Here is a link to my beloved '73 i recently sold.

Here also is a link to my Mustang Utube channel. (My '73 Convertible features well here also.Plus, i am the guy that invented power mirrors for our '71 to '73 Mustangs)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=austin+vert+mustang

Cheers mate and welcome aboard,

Greg. :D

Hi Shane,

Congrats on the new purchase. She looks like a lovely car indeed. The Forum is great, and is a wealth of info as well.

Hope it all works out well for you. Interestingly enough, i just sold my '73 Mach 1 last year to a guy down in Newcastle. It was a ripper of a car as well.

I just imported a '71 Dodge Challenger convertible into Brisbane from New York, so i can relate to you going through the whole import thing  as well.

Hi Shane,

Welcome from coastal Alabama. One of my Mach 1s made the journey and now resides in Adelaide. Member JamesS bought and shipped it.

Latest posts

Back