G'Day from Australia

LeglessOne

Hi Everyone,

Been lurking for a little while trying to learn stuff before I pick up my first Mustang.

It's a 73 Mach 1 which has had a 429 fitted to it. Was originally a 351 2V but was changed out before the local dealer imported it.

Here is a link for some pics. http://classicandamericanimports.com.au/1973-ford-mustang-mach/

At the moment is having adr approved seat belts fitted and should go through its Regency Park inspection for full rego next week. ( these are part of the requirements over here to get these old girls registered)

I've been like a kid on Christmas eve for the last couple of weeks waiting :D

Regards

Shane

Adelaide

73 Mach 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Shane! Welcome from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

That is one sweet looking car, Christmas is early for you this year ;-)

I used to live in Blair Athol. Where abouts are you? My Mustang fever was ignited when I went to a show and shine in Adelaide while I was there, just can't remember where it was exactly (age thing ;-) )

Hi Shane! Welcome from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

That is one sweet looking car, Christmas is early for you this year ;-)

I used to live in Blair Athol. Where abouts are you? My Mustang fever was ignited when I went to a show and shine in Adelaide while I was there, just can't remember where it was exactly (age thing ;-) )

Hi Vinnie

Thanks for the welcome .I'm north of the city in Saddleworth.

Yeah Christmas has come early mate ::thumb::

Adelaide

73 Mach 1

G'day Shane, welcome from Western Australia

Nice Mach 1 you have got yourself, well done!

Interesting to see how you go with getting it registered in particular the lights and with the seat belts make sure you get the drop down links so you don't choke yourself!

My vehicle was originally imported into Adelaide and one of the many previous owners has changed the tail light lenses to an amber outer lens and plain red for the other two, also the rear side markers are just red reflectors. I've rewired it so the turn/reverse work together and the two inner lenses are stop/tail

Also the front side markers I've converted to turn signals. Not sure if it has to be this way but makes more sense for Aussie conditions.

Anyway enjoy your new ride, cheers Mick

P1030238.jpg

Welcome nice car!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Thanks for the welcome everyone:)

OzCoupe72 - the dealer/importer is looking after all of that. The deal includes him getting it through a Regency Park inspection for full rego. The seat belts are being installed by a crowd who also supply the engineering certification for the install, so hopefully everything will be good.

That's the main reason I paid a bit extra for a dealer car - all the head aches are his.

Shane

Adelaide

73 Mach 1

Hi Shane,

Welcome from Brisbane, Australia.

Congrats on the new purchase. She looks like a lovely car indeed. The Forum is great, and is a wealth of info as well.

Hope it all works out well for you. Interestingly enough, i just sold my '73 Mach 1 last year to a guy down in Newcastle. It was a ripper of a car as well.

I just imported a '71 Dodge Challenger convertible into Brisbane from New York, so i can relate to you going through the whole import thing  as well.

PM me if you want to catch up and say hi and a chat at some stage.

Here is a link to my beloved '73 i recently sold.

Here also is a link to my Mustang Utube channel. (My '73 Convertible features well here also.Plus, i am the guy that invented power mirrors for our '71 to '73 Mustangs)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=austin+vert+mustang

Cheers mate and welcome aboard,

Greg. :D

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Hi Shane,

Congrats on the new purchase. She looks like a lovely car indeed. The Forum is great, and is a wealth of info as well.

Hope it all works out well for you. Interestingly enough, i just sold my '73 Mach 1 last year to a guy down in Newcastle. It was a ripper of a car as well.

I just imported a '71 Dodge Challenger convertible into Brisbane from New York, so i can relate to you going through the whole import thing  as well.

Here also is a link to my Mustang Utube channel. (My '73 Convertible features well here also.Plus, i am the guy that invented power mirrors for our '71 to '73 Mustangs)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the welcome ::thumb::

Both very nice cars mate. I want to put bigger boots on mine too :D  But will let the dust settle with the minister for war and finance first before I pursue that :cool: .

Do you have a link to the power mirrors?

Thanks

Shane

Adelaide

73 Mach 1

Hi Shane,

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the welcome ::thumb::

Both very nice cars mate. I want to put bigger boots on mine too :D  But will let the dust settle with the minister for war and finance first before I pursue that :cool: .

Do you have a link to the power mirrors?

Thanks

Shane

Hi again Shane,

Thanks for the feedback. My door is always open.

Here is a link to my power mirrors invention.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-austin-vert-invents-power-mirrors-for-71-73-mustangs

Cheers,

Greg. :)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Hi Shane,

Welcome from Melbourne, Australia.

You will find the Forum a great source of information.

All of the Australian guys are very helpful as well as

our friends in USA & Europe.

I have a 71 Mach 1 RHD in the body prep stage.

Melfunctions

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

Still waiting to collect my car. :@ 

Regency Park (rego inspection)has made the dealer fit lap sash belts to the rear.

He has sent it to an engineering crowd to fit up and get certified. I don't know where they are going to mount the top anchor points :-/ 

I just hope it doesn't effect the functionality of being able to drop the rear seat.

Especially as these guys will probably be the only passengers :D 

WP_20170619_11_36_29_Pro.jpg

Regards

Shane

Adelaide

73 Mach 1

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

Still waiting to collect my car. :@ 

Regency Park (rego inspection)has made the dealer fit lap sash belts to the rear.

He has sent it to an engineering crowd to fit up and get certified. I don't know where they are going to mount the top anchor points :-/ 

I just hope it doesn't effect the functionality of being able to drop the rear seat.

Especially as these guys will probably be the only passengers :D 

Regards

Shane

Yeah, I needed to get lap/sash belt too to get rego for mine. But my fastback didn't have the fold down seat so it was an easy install of the retracting mechanism on the parcel shelf. They might have to find an anchor point further back on the C-pillar for yours, as there is positional calculations required for the mounting points so that the belts are positioned over the passengers shoulder in the right spot.

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

G'Day Brett,

The dealer knows the dogs will be the main passengers and has told the crowd fitting them to fit fixed lap/sash and not retractable. This hopefully makes the installation less intrusive :-/ 

Regards Shane

PS where abouts in Oz are you?

Adelaide

73 Mach 1

G'Day Brett,

The dealer knows the dogs will be the main passengers and has told the crowd fitting them to fit fixed lap/sash and not retractable. This hopefully makes the installation less intrusive :-/ 

Regards Shane

PS where abouts in Oz are you?

Bendigo, VIC.

Brett

phonestang2.jpg