Greetings from Finland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerAlte

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang HT + 429 + C6
Hi to all!

My name is Jarkko and I live in Hämeenlinna, Finland with my wife and daughter. Since childhood I've dreamed about owning a Mustang and I finally got it last year. I bought 1972 Hardtop, a running project car at decent condition. Originally it had 250cui V6 engine on it but someone swap it to 429cui V8 with C6 gearbox. No complaint there   :D 

Buying a project car was a big challenge for me as I have never really build or fixed car, but I wanted to learn. Best learning method is to do it yourself. Youtube and forums have helped a lot as well as workshop manuals and guide books. I'll try to do everything by myself except welding and serious bodywork.

I am member of Ford Mustang Owners’ Club of Finland we have over 4000 members and we are very active. This forum I found when searching info about 72 mustangs, because in here early Mustangs are from years 64 1/2 - 69, I was glad to find this forum :)

That's about the background, let us focus on the car...

So what I have done so far;

- installed 1" lower suspension and shock absorbers

- changed rear drum brakes to disc brakes

- replaced lower and upper arm

- swap rear end friction bars to disc (didn't do it myself)

- ripped off all electric wires, going to build new ones from scrap.

And a lot to do... aim is to get it on street end of June.

At the moment the car is in paintshop and hoping to get it back to garage next week.

Hello and welcome from Germany.

[i'll try to do everything by myself except welding and serious bodywork.]

I did same and totally get the line you do not want to cross (for now).

For what its worth, at some point, I've invested in a good welding machine. Now days I'd say, welding sound more scary than it really is and its kind of a must have. Its amazing how often I use this thing, from simple fixes to custom parts fabrication. Cost of bit of time to actually close holes rather than making new ones for sure, but once you master it a bit, its a very valuable tool that will save you lots of money in the long run, save you the many runs to the "guy who has a welding machine" and will also open you a whole new kind of possibilities. No more plan B's.

Nice to see another 7173 in the process of being saved,

Welcome from the northern Netherlands!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and Welcome from California!!

This site is the one you need for help.

Bru

Welcome from Oklahoma!

We have many valued overseas members. A few from Finland, too.

Please try and post up some pics of your car. We all have to start somewhere.

Ray

Welcome from Australia

Nice project you have and agree with Fabrice you should buy a welder and learn, you will be much better off

Plenty of help on this forum and don't forget more pictures

Thank you all!

For this project I won't buy welder, 'cause all the needed welding and bodywork has been done. But I see your point owning and learning to use it, so some day I'll buy it :)

I get my own build thread started so you can see more pics and stuff :)

Back