My 72 HT 429/C6 project

I bought the car end of August 2017. Former onwer planned to build the car himself but due health issues was forced to sell it, so I got plenty new parts along the car.

1" lower suspension (Grab-A-Trak), rear disc brake set (BAER Ironsport), new shock absorvers (KYB Gas-A-Just), new stabilizer bars (1,5" front and 1" back), new lower and upper arms and more smaller parts.

It had interior already taken off and all the sound dampening material as well. Rear window had a leak from the driver side lower corner and the water wet the material, luckily floor panels didn't suffer much, only some rust on the top.

I noticed that I didn't have good pics from the whole car, because we dropped the car from trailer straight to garage before taking any pics.

Let's get started,

Sorry about the pics being in wrong angle, there are right on my pc but here they rotate somehow...

Moottori1.jpg

poni1.jpg

intrerior1.jpg

I stared from the back as I needed to change the drum brakes to disc and passenger side axle seal was leaking.

rumpujarru_purku1.jpg

Rear end before taking it off.

old_rear_end.jpg

rear_axle1.jpg

rear_axle_open1.jpg

I took the old paint off and put new one on it and assembled everything in place.

rear_axle_painted1.jpg

rear_axle_assembled1.jpg

rear_done.jpg

Then I moved to front, replaced lower and upper arms and installed thicker stabilizer bar.

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

So many people has hassled with wirings so I decided to replace old ones completely with EZ wiring harness (not done that yet), just ripped off old ones and the old dashboard and heater as well.

I got advices to replace the heater cell and blower motor now when it's easy access. So I'll do that too.

dashboard_off.jpg

heater_off.jpg

heater1.jpg

At this point winter his us hard and I had to stop working on the car as my garage is not heated and the outside temp was around -20 Celsius (-4 Fahrenheit).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When spring came I started working again and made a deal with paintshop to get my pony painted, old paint was sun burned and color had faded badly. Also I found out some corrosion damage that needed welding and I don't have the skills to fix it myself, so I needed some outside help. But he did really good work!

Corrosion damage and the repair.

corrosion.jpg

ap_takakaari_korjattu1.jpg

I took off all the windons, bumpers and front/back valances. At the paintshop they found more corrosion damage and fixed them during the process.

Whats_App_Image_2018_05_02_at_11_44_25_2.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_05_02_at_11_44_25_3.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_04_26_at_09_27_16_2.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_04_26_at_09_27_16.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_05_21_at_17_08_32_2.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_05_21_at_17_08_32_3.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2018_05_21_at_17_08_32.jpg

Now I am waiting the get it back garage and get to working with it again. Only small stuff that I can do when waiting, assembling the heater and cleaning all mouldings etc.

Very cool. Will be a nice coupe when done.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Looking good and you are making progress. What color are you painting it? Is original color bright red? Hard to tell with the faded paint.

It's going to be Bright Red (2B). I also tought about changing color, but that would have taken much more time and money. And I want to cruise with it this summer :)

Looking good and you are making progress. What color are you painting it? Is original color bright red? Hard to tell with the faded paint.

It's going to be Bright Red (2B). I also tought about changing color, but that would have taken much more time and money. And I want to cruise with it this summer :)

Same color as mine was originally and is going to be again, will be good to see how yours turns out as it will most likely be in color before mine

P1030238.jpg

Same color as mine was originally and is going to be again, will be good to see how yours turns out as it will most likely be in color before mine

Hopefully next week (deadline we both agreed), I'll post pic asap when it's ready.

if only they could keep that fresh paint looks forever!

Its gonna be one nice eye catcher!

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

• 4 weeks later...

And finally I was able to continue work with her. I got her back from paintshop few weeks ago, but got other work to do.

Helped friend to finish his little car project, build a fence around the yard and cut down some trees at the same time and made firewood of them.

To-do list:

- clean up floorpans, paint and sound dampening.

- well, putting all back in place :)

Poni_maalattu_takaa.jpg

Poni_trailerilla.jpg

lattian_puhdistusta.jpg

#Fabrice I'll try to keep in garage or covered outside all the time when not running it.

#Pegleg Thanks!

My goal get everything within month. Yesterday I finished cleaning up the floorpans and today I'll start painting them. Weekend I should be doing sound dampening and started working with the electrics.

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

My vacation is over and during it I almost finished her :)

I was ready for my first test run, but both my front disc brakes were stuck when motor was running and brakes gained pressure. Ordered new brake hoses, as it seems calibers are ok.

So I am 98% done... there is still summer left even in here  :D 

And our dalmatian acted as supervisor now and then...

outside1.jpg

inside3.jpg

inside2.jpg

front1.jpg

rear1.jpg

gauges.jpg

Inside1.jpg

Dalmis_supervisor.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So got my Pony put out to pasture... I got still some minor issues and adjustments and timing to do, but it's running without any leaks in the engine. Minor leak coming from power steering but nothing to worry about now.

IMG_20180916_181842.jpg

IMG_20180916_181834.jpg

IMG_20180916_181818.jpg

IMG_20180916_181809.jpg

IMG_20180916_181752.jpg

IMG_20180916_181743.jpg

@Fabrice

Done that already without start phase but I need to upload it to youtube.

In the video the BTC at 7-800rpm is set to 18 degrees and at 2-3000rpm BTC is 38 degrees. I still got some issues and adjustment to do with the carb.

I'm so curious about the sound. Haven't heard a 429 for a long while and saw while busy on mine its not having the 13726548 fire order that i'm familiar with.

Also what kind of exhaust do you have? Headers or original intake? Lines type( Y, H, || ) / size tubing?

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )