My 72 HT 429/C6 project

Raw! That's music :)

Strangely no matter the firing order, you know its a mustang!

Are these headers in pieces? Mine are in 3 pieces and I know its gonna be a hell to place them while putting the engine in alone.

Needs be done half way down... are these going up the cross member? If you ever get under, if you could see any brand, (if not self made), I'd like very much to know if there are alternatives to the ones I have. I need to let mine sandblasted and coated. So if an alternative isn't too expensive to get here and easier to put on, I'd go for that path instead. Not to mention, I could cut the one still on the car (kuz, I haven't succeeded to get it loose yet)

I've installed for now the coil on intake near dist, bit out of options, I like where you placed it, far from heat.

Also looks like you have aftermarket valve covers, but I see you have an handy "turn/twist fill/breather" on cyl #5, if its also aftermarket where did you get it?

I like mushroom types breathers for #cyl4 but would prefer a twist/turn type like yours for maintenance. Somehow the grommets of these things always fail, either too hard or not keeping their position, and eventually leaking or cut in half if you open them too often.

If I may say something, one detail I would change is the fuel line. I'd bend a tube from the pump to intake instead of having it like this, so its safer and also not bloating the eye from this nice big bad block :)

All with all, its all nicely coming together! Well done!

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that the engine was already build and in place when I bought the car. Only things I have done are replacing altenator to 1-wire 100A and rewired almost everything.

I argee you on that fuel line it's annoying me also and it's always on the way when I was timing the engine. I'll try to get car ready and inspected before I turn my eyes on little things.

Here I got pics from underneath.

20170819_101354.jpg

20180106_143333.jpg

Sounds great man :D

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Sounds great and reminds me of my 460 Falcon many years ago. I remember driving it without exhaust for 10 miles to get the exhaust fitted and boy did it wake up a few sleepy travelers on their way to work! Revving a loud big block at 6000 rpm on the way to work brings back fond memories.

Also like your paint job and particularly like the non-stripe/blackout look, very clean and gives me an idea of how mine should turn out although mine will have chrome bumpers and 23 less cubes!

P1030238.jpg

• 5 months later...

Nothing much done in the winter as I don't have heated garage and my friend car is also there, so no room to do anything.

But I got my back seat back from upholstery shop. Now they match front seats.

Vanha-takapenkki.jpg

takapenkki.jpg

takapenkki-bottom.jpg

takapenkki-top.jpg

• 6 months later...

Finally she is ready :)

Last problem was fluctuating idle vacuum, so I had to open half of the motor and put it back together. No exact problem was found, only that my valve springs had too low spring pressure for my use (55PSI) so we changed them more stiff. But now she works like a charm, fun ride :)

20190818-141011.jpg

20190818-140954.jpg

20190818-141026.jpg

20190818-141042.jpg

20190818-182910.jpg

20190616-173129.jpg

looks great.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Looks fantastic, well done

I had idle/vacuum problems also.

Changed the carby spacer which helped but the main issue was with the new Holley I needed to open the secondary transition slots a little

Need to remove the carby and adjust a small screw under the base, problem fixed however don't over adjust it.

P1030238.jpg

Must be something to drive it! Well done!

@DerAlte,

if you have a moment, could you post a few picts of the bracket you have for the PS pump/coil.

I have only one there, No idea what needs to be there but obviously I miss something. thx

@Fabrice

Thanks, I need to make rear more stiff, so much power... I got rear end sway bar waiting to be installed.

Black bracket is for A/C pump, but whole A/C system has been removed. I think you're not missing anything if you don't have A/C. But I can take more pics for you.

@OzCoupe72

Thanks for the info, I got Holley 4150 with secondary vacuum carb. And I have planned to add 1/2" wooden spacer, should help.

@keiths71 and mach71351c

THANKS!

@DerAlte

[ I think you're not missing anything if you don't have A/C. But I can take more pics for you.]

Thanks, my car is AC, tho, even when my friend (PO) bought it back in 89, not one AC part was to be found in engine bay.

Everything has been removed at some point, the reminders are the "not deep" glovebox, the 2 holes in the rubber grommet on firewall and the panel on dash with ac options.

So wondering what I miss there..