Steering Sector 2.5 turns lock to lock!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdwest711

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe (Circle Track)
69 Mustang Coupe (@ Restoration Shop)
67 Mustang Coupe (In Parts)
84 El Camino (Gpa's Old Farm Truck)
Hello Again Everyone!!!

This post is just information because I found something I didn't think they made and I'm pretty damn excited about it!!!

The stock power steering box of a 72 Mustang has a 16:1 gear ratio which turns out to be 3.75 turns lock to lock on the steering wheel.  The one listed below equates to a 10.7:1 ratio and 2.5 turns lock to lock.  PLUS it cheaper than every other upgrade box I looked at!!!

THE BEST PART... it is a complete bolt up replacement for your stock box.  You don’t have to mess with the replacing the end of the steering column which I read you have to do with most upgraded steering boxes.

I bought it, I installed it and on the Jun 16th I'm going to race with it.  I’m not sure if you can tell, but I’m excited about it.

The benefit for me is that on the circle track, a typical turn requires almost a half a turn of the steering wheel.  Now I'm only going to need a quarter (if my math is right)

https://www.buyautoparts.com/

82-00357 QR

1972- Ford- Mustang- Performance Power Box - Upgrade to Quick Ratio 2.5LTL Power Steering Gear Box

$294.10

So anyone racing or just wanting hugely more responsive steering, this might be the part.  Also, I googled discount codes for this site and found a $25 off coupon during the month of May which brought the price down to $269.10.  Shipping was free.  There was a $200 core charge but they paid from shipping.

20180506_180852.jpg

Yes, there are some talented and innovative folks on this forum. Someone has addressed just about everything you can think of, engines, transmissions, interiors, sound systems, exteriors, electric remote mirrors, body modifications, wheel and tire fitment, and many others.

Back