Mach 1 Lower outside door trim/molding question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351, FMX, A/C (well, parts of it anyways!)
1971 Mach 1, 351, FMX
1965 Convertible, 289, 4-speed
Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with the Mach 1 "chrome" trim that runs along the lower outside of the body.  Are the pieces on the driver's and passenger's door the same (ie can they be used on either side) or are they different?  You can see the trim piece here on the passenger door.

Thank you,

Scott

c2579a3fda388fa.jpg

I installed the lower body trim on a mach 1 last year. If I remember correctly, the doors are the same. Both have a squared off end. The fender and quarter panel ones are specific to each side since the ends have a taper to match the wheel well openings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the lower body trim on a mach 1 last year. If I remember correctly, the doors are the same. Both have a squared off end. The fender and quarter panel ones are specific to each side since the ends have a taper to match the wheel well openings.
Good to know.

BTW - I finally scored the missing pieces of the rocker molding I was needing - just need to clean them up now, so I'll be re-reading your comments about installing them on the restoration you recently completed, along with maybe hitting you up with some advice (since I no longer have the factory pins to use).  

Thanks again for the awesome deal on the set you sold me.

Back