Holman Moody, Ford and Shelby parts & price lists

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Years ago I was at our local Ford dealer and they were tossing a truck load of manuals and paper and I scored the whole pile, lol. I boxed it up and has been in garage for probably 25 or 30 years. I was sorting through some and found the list for all the Ford racing parts, Holman Moody and Shelby parts. The Shelby had pictures along with all the part numbers and prices. 

They have everything back in 1965 from the little 144 six cylinder to the AFX 427 Mustang parts for sale. Date was in 1965 but they still have racing parts for back in the 50's listed. Wish it was all still there.

Also found another book filled with what Ford called Operating & Merchandising Newsletter. It presented new things to the dealer so they could sell to customers. In the July 1962 edition it had the info on the camping interiors for the Falcon vans. One I had totally forgotten about was the "Star Lift" convertible removable hard top. It was steel and heavy at 150 lbs. Ford made and sold them to help the NASCAR guys with their aero. It gave the 1962 Galaxie convertible a fastback shape to allow higher speeds. Also the convertible frames were better for racing. They had to make available to public to be able to race back then. They are rare and I cannot say I have ever seen one. Here is pic of the page. Cost $495 to dealer and $660 retail. Had plastic rear window and plastic side filler windows for the rear side. I have three of the pretty rare Towne Top removable hard top for the Mustang convertible from 1964 1/2 to 1967. They are fiberglass and much lighter but has glass rear window.

Wish I had lots of places to put the stuff up for display I have thousands of pages of Ford stuff.

If anyone has any questions about part #'s or info on the racing stuff just ask and I will scan copy of what you need. Will make you sick to know a race ready Holman Moody 427 was only $2,100 back then.

David

Very cool stuff indeed. I wonder if anyone has established a central repository for Ford performance information?

When I was in Charlotte at the new MOM Mustang Owner's Museum they are going to have a library with Mustang related info. Daniel Carpenter and his Dad Dennis have thousands of pieces of Ford history.

This info was not at all Ford dealers only certain ones were distributors for the NASCAR and drag racing parts and I was lucky our little Ford dealer here was one. There use to be 427 crate motors in parts room all the time. I had to just quit gathering stuff for years ran out of places to pile, lol. So much was just tossed years ago nobody wanted it but I always thought it would be wanted in years to come.

It would take days to scan it all because it is two sided but in like new condition no greasy finger prints.

David

Wow, glad someone saved this!

Is there anything in these books for 70-71 Shelby for the Cleveland engine’s?

Hi David,

Thanks for making this thread and sharing stuff with others, Interesting to know Holman Moody 427 was only $2,100

While at the MOM Mustang Owner's Museum in April I talked with Lee Holman. He said his dad got tired of all the 427 blocks sitting around and sold the side oilers for $300 each NOS. He sold the GT-40 bodies for $1,000 each and I believe it was 12 complete GT-40 cars for $50,000 total. How times do change.

David

Does anyone have a picture of the Holman Moody single 4V dual plane for a Boss 302? It seems to be a unicorn part. Chuck

Does anyone have a picture of the Holman Moody single 4V dual plane for a Boss 302? It seems to be a unicorn part. Chuck

Chuck, I know it's been a few days since you posted this. I don't have a lot of HM material. I have a folder they sent to the Dealer years ago that highlights a few of their products . The illustration they use shows the Boss 302   two 4bl intake (of course), but does give a part number for it and the single 4bl model. If you were trying to do research on it, the part number and a call to them might help. I believe they are still in Charlotte manufacturing high performance Ford parts, but are no longer actively racing.

Holman & Moody and Holman Automotive

Shop Address: Holman Automotive Inc.,

9119 Forsyth Park Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273

Questions or Orders, call (704)583-2888 or 

Fax number (704)583-2890

Steve,

Thanks for posting the information. I have emailed them. I may try calling them. I'm interested because an acquaintance, who has built and raced more Boss 302s than anyone I've ever met, says it is the best intake for a Boss 302 he ever used. I have no real hope of finding one but, I'd like to find out how it differs from a production, or after market, intakes. Thanks, Chuck

Steve,

Thanks for posting the information. I have emailed them. I may try calling them. I'm interested because an acquaintance, who has built and raced more Boss 302s than anyone I've ever met, says it is the best intake for a Boss 302 he ever used. I have no real hope of finding one but, I'd like to find out how it differs from a production, or after market, intakes. Thanks, Chuck
Chuck,

You might be surprised at how many are out there in hoards like mine, lol. I do not have one but lots of guys my age are dying off and family selling their hoards. I suggest that you place wanted ads in craigslist in different areas of the country. I have had great luck with that. Also you can go fishing on Ebay. People put false adds on Ebay and ask enormous prices for items. Perkins does it all the time. When people see an add say for a carb for $8,000 and they have one they get in touch and say "hey I have one how much you give". Then you tell them the real truth and start the negotiations.

I have personally answered some of Perkin's ads and he offers like 1/3 of what his ad states to buy yours. So put an ad on ebay with pictures of one that you have for $5,000 and nobody will bid but I bet you will get contacted by several that have them.

I found one hoard that way the guy has probably 10,000 sq. ft. of Mustang parts and odd Ford stuff. He has stacks of NOS sheet metal. He did sell some and I made two trips and will head back maybe this fall for another. He does not advertise and not looking to sell but he answered my wanted ad on Craigslist.

BTW I have NOS 3 - 2 Intake for Y block Ford. I put on ebay once for $1,800 and had people email and really wanted it, lol. I paid $10.00 for it new and never used it. Lots of stuff out there like that.

Do you know anything about Bud Moore's Boss parts? He did the Mercurys for Trans Am I believe.

I also found two more sets of NOS Jahns Racing pistons for flathead Ford. Have been in old garage since the 60's will go to ebay for sure. They were $10.00 a set when closing out the flathead parts back then. Last set sold on ebay for $350 that I found and guy was so happy.

David

Back